Senior Valuation Risk & Control - Equities
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse.
Valuation Risk & Control (VRC) is a global specialized organization within Product Control and is responsible for providing independent validation of the fair market value of trading portfolios across all business divisions. It is a globally distributed team with highly skilled professional across US, Europe and Asia.
VRC’s objective is to mitigate valuation risks with a focus on valuation consistency, accountability, and efficiency.
Our core values are integrity, technical leadership, and partnership.
We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards
- The VRC Equity is principally responsible for Valuation Governance and Execution.
- VRC reviews, builds and implements guidelines/procedures for valuation adjustments and price testing across the equity business, in accordance with global policies and standards, with particular attention to the design of the controls.
- Ensure consistency and completeness of IPV methodologies; Identify pricing issues that may require particular attention with critical analysis of all risk factors involved.
- Perform and analyze price testing results and fair value adjustments for Equities.
- Evaluate impacts and provide transaction support on new products and businesses. This includes contribution to the ongoing pre-trade approval and new product approval processes.
- A VRC Equity VP handles regular and ad-hoc requests from global teams, audit, regulatory reviews, e.g. Prudent Valuation Reporting.
- VRC acts as a business partner to Front Office traders, model developer (Quants Strategies), model validation team (PMV), BFO (Business Finance Officer) and external vendors like Markit/Totem.
- Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.
- Proactive teammate, who has a proven experience in product control, has a good understanding of valuation models and a strong knowledge of equity and derivatives products; cross assets' experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, economics or quantitative-related subjects.
- 8+ years’ proven industry and practical experience in Valuation, Risk or Product Control related functions on equity derivatives and exotic products.
- Motivated to learn and constantly improve processes.
- Ability to handle several tasks and work effectively in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment
- Take ownership of the tasks assigned along with strong communication skills and coordinate effectively with teams across different locations.
- Proficient in Excel/VBA - knowledge and experience of programming is advantageous, especially with data science programming languages; R and Python.
- Strong problem solving skills, taking on new challenges, and finding creative solutions, given opportunities to share, implement and get credit for your ideas that influence the organization.
- Outstanding attention to details as well as you understand and manage the big picture.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.