Client Service Consultant, Assistant Vice President
Who we are looking for
This is a Client Service onsite role in the Asset Owner division. Under moderate supervision, responsible for supporting the operational management of a client relationship in Washington D.C.. The client is the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC), a federal government agency.
Candidates should have a proven client facing-track record, and a well-rounded understanding of the Asset Owner business and the corresponding products and services supported.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Assistant Vice President Onsite you will:
- Be responsible for the day to day interaction and successful relationships with the PBGC, on both the Accounting and Investments teams of the client office.
- Ensure client issues are satisfactorily resolved by responding to and/or escalating as appropriate.
- Work closely with all internal business units.
- Facilitate communication to ultimately ensure an effective operating environment.
- Work closely with senior management to keep them informed of new developments, service issues and new business opportunities.
- Provide overall project support for all PBGC related initiatives. Acts as a liaison between client and internal departments to ensure successful implementation.
- Perform other duties as assigned
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong communication and organizational skills with a consultative mindset
- Capable of thinking strategically and analytically with a demonstrated ability of driving execution
- Acts with a high level of responsiveness
- Ability to work collaboratively across multiple business groups and levels of the organization
- Self-motivated, strong work ethic
- Strong ability to adapt to change and multi-task
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- BS/BA degree required
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of related experience, preferably in financial services industry
- This is an onsite position located in the client’s office, Washington D.C.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.