Middle Office Conversion, Officer
Individual will coordinate / support middle office conversion activities across the life span of the conversion event which may be from 6 months to 2 yrs+. This will range from scoping requirements, facilitating internal and external meetings, managing a runbook, supporting and leading conversion events (dry run, dress rehearsal, go live) and ensuring a smooth transition to BAU working across the different business units. The individual will be expected to assist in the coordination and management of those involved into the conversion which could be up to 10-15 individuals located in different time zones.
- Assists and coordinates the deliverables of conversion planning and testing in order to meet the milestones working under the guidance of a senior resource
- Supports the process to create data maps to show the flow from legacy systems to the in-house system using existing functionality and processes
- Works on the data conversion development lifecycle and methodology including requirements analysis, solution design, client acceptance, timeline creation, implementation, unit testing, deployment tools, and maintenance
- Leads and assists on issue resolution and gap closure in terms of data provided or discrepancies in data between legacy presentation and the future state model based on the feedback provided
- Participates and supports conversion events which includes some weekends and off hours
- Serves as part of the conversion team which will include interactions with client and internal business units
- Works on data analysis and data conversion and with business leads on training, question resolution and assessing user needs and change recommendation
- Assists or manages the runbook to ensure all activities go off as planned for the lead up and any conversion event
- 5+ years of relevant Financial Industry Experience required, preferably Investment Management, Asset Management
- Knowledge or experience in Capital markets including middle & Back Office, Securities, Bank Loans, IBOR / ABOR, Transaction Mgmt or system knowledge of Eagle, Eagle Star, PAM, Portia, WSO or other is a plus.
- Good Communication Skills with ability run calls with both internal and external parties and collaborate across teams and functions
- Ability to work in a high paced environment, be flexible, follow tight deadlines, organize and prioritize work. Weekend work required occasionally.
- Pro active mindset with a focus on identifying issues and resolving / escalating items
- Experience with projects, client onboarding and / or middle / back office preferred
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Access skills, as well as Microsoft Project or other project management software experience
- Familiar with concepts related to Data Warehouses and Databases including SQL
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance & Accounting, Computer Science, Information Technology
- Nice to have: MBA in Finance, Management, Business Administration
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.