Tax Technology Data Scientist - Director (AVP)
- Work in the Tax department of one of the world’s top tier Financial Institutions and gain first-hand insight of our business
- A desirable compensation and benefits package including eligibility for an annual bonus
- Professional development opportunities including access to Morgan Stanley’s world-class internal trainings
- Enriching challenges that provide opportunity for constant learning and advancement
- A supportive and vibrant diverse environment, we are inclusive of individual backgrounds and leverage them to foster our work environment and culture
- Guide the development of reports, dashboards, and metrics to monitor based on Tax team requirements
- Communicate findings and recommendations in a way that is easily understood by non-quantitative audiences
- Closely collaborate and partner with various members within and external to the department
- Execute continuous improvement and efficiency initiatives
- Support the relationship with the NY Tax Technology team
- MS in a quantitative discipline such as Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science or Economics
- Experience or knowledge in the field of specialized financial engineering or data science
- Ability to work with data including rapid prototyping and coding skills using common data science tools (i.e. Alteryx, Dataiku, Python, R, Excel, SQL and VBA)
- Experience with applying a variety of machine learning techniques such as regression, classification, cluster analysis and deep learning
- Experience creating predictive model development and analytics with unstructured data
- Experience building complex data visualizations in BI tools (i.e. Tableau, Qlikview or PowerBI)
- Agile and organized with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple work streams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively advocate technical solutions to engineering teams and business audiences
EMEA Tax is responsible for Corporate Tax Compliance, Indirect Tax, Tax Advisory, US Tax Reporting and Global Tax Risk with offices in London, Glasgow, Frankfurt and Budapest. Glasgow members work closely with the other EMEA and NY offices, and wider Finance.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.