Payroll Senior - Azets
Payroll Senior - Payroll Executive - Payroller – Bureau Payroll
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Are you looking to take the next step on your journey? Want to be part of an international family whose vision is “To make their services smarter, more effective, and more personal every day”? Then you could be our next investment! At Azets, you are in control of your career and with our support this will make us even stronger, together. Our moto when it comes to career development is “Your Journey – Your Voice – Your Success ".
Our values are our motivations:
Our values are at the heart of everything we do. We are looking for people who also believe in these drivers as we work together to achieve success for both our colleagues and our clients alike. As a business we believe we are stronger together. We share knowledge, ask for help and empower each other to achieve more collectively. We are open minded and value everyone’s contribution, embracing our differences and fostering a culture of trust and inclusion. We look for people who adapt quickly to change, finding smart ways to deliver the best results and remain one step ahead. Does that sound like you?
To get the job that you’ll love
The role will include:
- Processing weekly, fortnightly, 4-weekly and monthly payroll, including RTI submissions to HMR&C
- Processing SMP, SSP, pension and other deductions
- Calculate and process CIS deductions
- Setting up starters and leavers and process necessary returns (P46/P45)
- Process year-end returns (P60)
- Liaise with clients and HMR&C to resolve all payroll queries
- Ensuring compliance with client’s auto-enrolment duties
- Calculation and submission of claims under the Job Retention Scheme on behalf of clients
- Report directly to a Manager
- Use Star/Iris
- Record activity in Optic-Mi to help with Customer Journey mapping & client costings
- Remote working for various offices as per flexibility needed.
The prospective candidate will have:
- Minimum 5 years relevant payroll experience
- CIPP accreditation or qualified (desirable but not essential)
- Have an excellent working knowledge of STAR (IRIS Payroll Professional) and/or Sage payroll software
- Have proven experience of working in a practice environment (desirable but not essential)
- Have a proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong client relationships
- Have a proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions
- Be a motivated individual and able to work alone or as part of a team
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate:
- Up to date knowledge of payroll legislation, including recent changes associated with COVID-19
- The ability to take responsibility and use own initiative to resolve problems and issues
- The ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and clients at all levels
- Strong organisation and planning skills and attention to detail and ability to meet tight deadlines
- The ability to positively embrace changes and new challenges
- Experience of Microsoft Office 365
- Hold a full and clean driving licence
A note from the Hiring Manager;
A welcoming and supportive team seek an enthusiastic and competent payroll professional to join our expanding, busy and dynamic payroll bureau. As a team member you will be responsible for a wide range of payroll duties from end to end payroll to BACS file processing.
Why join the Azets family?
The relationship we have with our colleagues is of the upmost importance to us as a business. Your voice is important to us. Attracting and retaining the right people who will deliver the level of service that our clients expect is key to both ours and your success.
We offer training and development opportunities to all employees. In nurturing talent from all backgrounds, this helps us to grow our own and bring out the best in people.
What’s in it for you?
- Pension - Looking after your future self when it’s time to step back and relax.
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays – Time to focus on your family and what’s important to you. Where will your precious time take you?
- Life Assurance – 4 x times salary, our family is important to us, and so is yours.
- Employee Referral Bonus – We’re always looking for talented individuals to join our family.
- Employee Benefits Portal – Cashback and vouchers on everyday purchases.
- Extensive Learning & Development Opportunities – Continuous development and support not only for your professional qualifications but also for your personal goals and aspirations, so we can grow together.
- Opportunity to attend social events – Time to stop, pause and have fun.
- Career Coaching – Better never stops. Sharing our time to make the best use of yours.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Unfortunately we are unable to provide any form of visa sponsorship, so candidates must be an EU citizen or possess a current UK Tier 1 Visa and be eligible to take up full time, permanent employment.
EU candidates must also demonstrate they are eligible to take up UK employment post-Brexit.