Financial Services - Extended Assurance - Senior Associate/Assistant Manager
EY’s Financial Services practice is currently undergoing exciting change. The business is growing rapidly, and we are expanding our teams across the UK (London, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Manchester, Leeds and Bristol). This growth offers great opportunity for learning and progression.
EY`s Financial Services Extended Assurance team is made up of experienced professionals with a broad range of specialist skills and expertise covering regulation, compliance, control, conduct and business change; underpinned by expertise in providing assurance. We work with clients across financial services (including but not limited to: Banking & Capital Markets, Wealth & Asset Management, and Insurance) to provide independent advice and assurance on the effectiveness of business policies, controls and mechanisms that have been established to mitigate our client organisations’ risks and exposures.
EY’s Extended Assurance team provide a broad range of business change implementation assistance and business assurance services across the Financial Services industry, delivering insight, problem solving skills and innovative thinking. We help our clients address business challenges by solving problems, reducing risk, enhancing controls and providing independent advice and assurance. This is done through the appropriate use of assurance skills, robust audit and other methodologies, coupled with industry insight into the Financial Services market.
Because of the diversity of our team’s specialisms, and the increasing demand to provide assurance over non-financial statement items, we are working with a variety of clients on a number of topics including, but not limited to: financial benchmarks, client money, governance and the Senior Managers Regime, regulatory reporting and assurance, control frameworks, and financial crime.
What we are looking for
We are looking for an assurance professional, with compliance, risk, or governance experience, who has a strong background in Financial Services. Candidates should have experience of having worked within an assurance role at a professional service firm and / or within a risk, compliance, or internal audit function within industry.
Join us and you'll work on challenging projects and accelerate your career within a supportive team. You will be introduced to career challenges that will take you into exciting new professional territory.
Your goal will be to help clients achieve their potential - and you can expect to do the same. As part of a supportive team, you'll have every opportunity to progress and build knowledge that will make a difference to your CV - and to your entire career.
What you will do
- Work on the execution of a variety of projects, including non-financial statement audits (Libor, Client Money), regulatory driven reviews (including those performed under the UK FSMA 2000 s166 regime), regulatory reporting assurance, general business process and controls advice, as well as trading book financial remediation;
- Work in complex multi-disciplinary teams, with responsibility for the overall execution of smaller projects and / or individual components of larger projects, under the guidance and direction of Managers, Directors and Partners. This will be done by drawing upon technical assurance and industry knowledge (including accounting and regulatory frameworks) as appropriate;
- Be flexible in your working style to encompass working both in the office, as well as at client sites, with potential for occasional travel.
- Use expertise in assurance methodologies to perform engagements in compliance with EY and industry standards;
- Coach other team members, share experiences, share knowledge and generate new ideas with them.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Degree level education ideally with a professional qualification CA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA, US CPA, or equivalent professional qualification, and a background in Financial Services.
- Practical experience of conducting Controls Assurance projects such as risk assessments of the design and suitability of control frameworks with an ability to provide robust challenge (potentially including reporting under ISAE 3402 or similar frameworks).
- External audit or internal controls experience obtained by having worked with financial services clients in a public practice Assurance capacity, or in industry within an assurance function (in either first, second or third line of defence), of a bank, building society, insurer or asset manager.
- Knowledge of the Financial Services sector and the three lines of defence approach to risk management and risk governance. Specifically, an understanding of conduct risk and operational risk frameworks and the way that they are implemented and embedded within business operations.
- Familiarity with regulatory topics such as Business Standards (COBS, MCOB, BCOBS, MAR); Complaints / Disputes (DISP); the Consumer Credit Regime (CONC); the Senior Managers and Certification Regime (SMCR); Prudential Reporting (BoE/PRA, FCA); Client Money Reviews (CASS); or Anti-Money Laundering is beneficial.
- Experience of working in a dynamic, demanding environment with demonstrable intellect, drive, focus, and the ability to succeed at EY.
What working at EY offers
Your goal will be to help clients achieve their potential - and you can expect to do the same. Join us and you will work on challenging projects and accelerate your career within a dynamic and supportive team. You will gain the opportunity to progress, and to build knowledge that will make a difference to your CV, by being introduced to career challenges that will take you into exciting new professional territory.
EY is committed to be an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.