Overall job purpose
To provide on-site management of each assignment in an efficient and effective manner. To help ensure that client received a quality service in all aspects.
- To ensure that the assignment is undertaken in accordance with the pre-assignment instructions, and to carry out the more rigorous aspects of the assignment efficiently, thoroughly and in accordance with the firm’s procedures.
- To ensure Assurance quality at all times. Assist with internal and external quality assurance, ensuring any actions are completed in line with the firms and professional standards.
- To communicate any problems in complying with these instructions, or any contentious issues identified, to the assignment manager immediately, identifying and commenting upon the possible solutions.
- To act as day-to-day point of contact for the client, and to practice the principles of excellent client service at all times.
- To maintain an awareness of the firm’s specialist services and publications. Ensure added value to clients.
- To provide adequate briefing, supervision and “on the job” training for trainee staff.
- To review work completed by trainee staff for adequacy and completeness, and to undertake job appraisal interviews.
- To assist in student recruitment, training and marketing activities as required.
- To summarise time spent on regular basis, and to perform the firm’s review and completion procedures before passing the files for manager review.
- To develop and maintain an advanced level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses, and to fulfil the Institute’s CPE requirements.
- To maintain training records conscientiously and keep up to date with examination studies, where applicable.
- Attend staff meetings and training as required.
- Maintain an awareness and observation of Health & Safety issues within the Firm and report any concerns to the Health and Safety Representative.
- Carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, the title of the role and its grading, as requested by the line manager or Head of Department.
- Candidates must be ACA or ACCA qualified with a preferred first or second time pass
- Previous experience of carrying out Assurance related tasks as requested by the Assurance Manager
- Proven experience in client handling
- Proven Assurance experience in producing high quality Assurances
- Assurance experience from a practice background would be distinct advantage
- Assurance experience of Owner Managed Business clients would be advantageous
- Experience of analytical review approach desirable
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.