Consulting – Financial Services Risk Management (Private Banking sector) – Senior Manager / Director
We are the only professional services organization who has a separate service line dedicated exclusively to the financial services marketplace. Join our Financial Services Organization (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to provide a global perspective. Aligned to key industry groups including banking and capital markets, asset management and insurance, we provide highly integrated consulting, strategy and transactions, assurance and tax services.
With the growth of private banking in Hong Kong, we are building on our existing strengths to drive further business growth and deliver greater benefit to our clients. We’re looking for an experienced and confident private banking regulatory compliance risk executive to join our Financial Services Risk Management (FSRM) team who can deliver expert regulatory risk advice, lead projects, deal confidently with clients and regulators and build business opportunities.
Join our Business Consulting FSRM team within FSO and you will provide a highly integrated broad array of risk management services to capital market participants within global banking, capital markets and asset management. FSRM products and services include Anti-Money Laundering, regulatory compliance, operational risk and enterprise risk, prudential supervision, bank holding company reporting, credit risk/capital adequacy liquidity risk, market risk and financial crime compliance consulting services.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Wide breadth of services of FSRM including, but not limited to:
- Undertaking risk management advice, remediation and transformation
- Conducting risk management framework design and operational effectiveness
- Regulatory and compliance consulting
- Enterprise risk and controls consulting
- Financial crimes, AML and sanctions consulting
- Professional risk support for consulting, internal and external audit services
- Future operating models
- Responding to regulatory criticism and regulatory preparedness
- Providing guidance on current and emerging control practices
- Advising clients on risk culture, conduct and accountability regimes and practices
- Conducting important proactive assessments and assurance around the effectiveness of controls and company processes, while also providing objective consulting support
EY is seeking candidates for our Regulatory Compliance team within FSRM with experience in private banking.
Your key responsibilities
Lead EY projects with respect to:
- Substantive matters of current and emerging HKMA, SFC, and global regulatory expectations regarding key private banking compliance issues such as client onboarding, investor protection, licensing including cross-border compliance, suitability, sales practices, new product processes, product development and diligence, client money, KYC etc
- Structure and function of private banking compliance roles and responsibilities and business models
- Use of technology and data including fintech and regtech innovation with respect to private banking
- Advice and guidance on structuring approaches to emerging regulatory compliance or regulatory exam findings
- Regulatory issue remediation
- Regulatory change management including planning and communication with regulators
- Support mock exam reviews, policy development and drafting assistance with relationship management between regulators and financial institutions
- Compliance framework – understanding of core compliance functions: risk assessment, policy management, testing, monitoring and surveillance and reporting etc.
- Support the revision or formulation of new policies and controls aligned with regulatory and compliance guidelines and requirements
To qualify for the role you must have
- A university degree majoring in accounting, information systems, business or legal related subjects
- At least 8 years of solid experience in private banks, regulators or reputable international accounting/consulting firms with in-depth knowledge of regulatory compliance and risk management in private banking.
- Candidates with lesser experience will be considered at Manager Level
- Robust practical experience of private banks’ internal controls, regulatory compliance, risk governance and related operational knowledge
- Familiarity with the regulatory environment of Hong Kong with experience in liaising with HKMA and SFC. Experience in the Mainland Chinese market or of market entry issues there would be an advantage
- Good knowledge of banking and securities regulations and business operations as well as different private banking products and services
- Good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese (Putonghua and Cantonese)
- Ability to interact with executive levels of clients, regulators and EY management
- Good influencing skills and stakeholder relationship management skills, advanced conflict management/resolution skills and project coordination experience
- Strong report-writing skills, with ability to create and organize varying forms of business information while developing it into clear, meaningful, professional reports and presentations
- Ability to travel
What working at EY offers
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- A variety of roles and client experiences, you will have the opportunity to work on multiple client projects solving complex problems across financial services
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.