Consulting Intern – Actuarial (Financial Services), Singapore (Winter 2020)
We are the only professional services organisation who has a separate business dedicated exclusively to the financial services marketplace. Join Financial Services (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver a global perspective. Aligned to key industry groups including asset management, banking and capital markets, insurance and private equity, we provide integrated advisory, assurance, tax, and transaction services.
Through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored coaching you will experience ongoing professional development. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Our Insurance and Actuarial Advisory Services practice comprises two areas: Life/Health Insurance and Property/Casualty products and services. Join this team and you will provide clients with traditional actuarial services (e.g., reserving, pricing and mergers and acquisition support), as well as leading edge services such as financial reporting and measurement, financial risk management, modeling, hedging, reinsurance, securitization, economic capital and solvency.
As part of our Actuarial team, you’ll focus on high-impact opportunities to apply your knowledge and experience to shape our services. You’ll build valuable relationships with clients and develop strong capabilities, through both formal training and working with senior mentors and talented colleagues.
You can expect to:
- Be at the forefront of issues that are shaping the insurance industry in Asia
- Gain a wide exposure to a diverse range of actuarial projects
- Work in a multicultural environment
- Work with colleagues from a wide range of business disciplines
Your key responsibilities
- Market research and industry benchmarking
- Valuation, pricing and product development
- Regulatory changes, including Risk-Based Capital, Solvency II and IFRS
- Merger & Acquisitions (M&A) and due diligence projects
- Actuarial audits and financial modelling
- Financial risk, product distribution and capital issues
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong presentation skill
- Leadership and client service skills
- Demonstrated integrity within a professional environment
To qualify for the role you must have
- Pursuing a degree in Actuarial Science or related fields
- Strong academic records, good written and verbal communication skills
- Good understanding of economic or market issues and the ability to interpret their impact on clients
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Good progress through the actuarial examinations with either the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (UK), the Society of Actuaries (US) or the Institute of Actuaries of Australia
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and teaming skills
Please note that for your application to be considered, you are required to upload the following documents together with your online application:
- Detailed resume
- Latest university transcript
Only applications with complete set of data and documents will be considered.
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We also offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.