Business Consulting Intern | Enterprise Risk, Singapore (Winter 2020)
Our clients are faced with external pressures on an unprecedented scale. The ability to translate strategy into reality is key to their enhanced business performance. As an advisory professional, you will be focused on helping them achieve this goal.
You’ll work in high-performing teams that deliver exceptional client service, enabling organisations to grow, innovate, protect and optimise their business performance – playing your part in building a better working world.
We believe that you should own and shape your career. But we’ll provide the support and opportunities to develop the skills, knowledge and experience to succeed. The strength of our global network, combined with local empowerment and a relentless focus on winning in specific markets, means you’ll interact and team with individuals from various geographies and sectors. So whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Management and boards of directors rely heavily on internal audit to provide important proactive assessments and assurance around the effectiveness of controls and company processes, while also providing objective advisory support. As an internal audit professional, you will be leading engagements to identify control enhancements, operational and compliance process improvement and efficiency opportunities, as well as company-wide cost improvements. EY is a global leading service provider in this space, with a reputation for high quality and cost-effective innovative offerings.
As part of our internal controls team, you’ll focus on client opportunities where your expertise can make a substantial impact. You’ll apply your knowledge and experience to shape our services and motivate your team. You’ll build valuable relationships with clients and develop strong capabilities, through both formal training and working with senior mentors and talented colleagues.
Your key responsibilities
This is a role where no two days are the same – so you’ll find yourself taking on plenty of new responsibilities as you go. In a volatile world, effective risk management protects, sustains and improves business performance. As a risk professional, you’ll be focused on helping our clients develop an integrated and sustainable approach to risk and control that encompasses a holistic view of people, process and technology.
Skills and attributes for success
- Executing Job planning: Conduct research on client background and risks, assist with necessary planning activities such as developing audit work program and audit time schedules, coordinating with client on kick off meeting, etc.
- Executing review: Perform testing on audit areas and assist to prepare closing meeting deck.
- Reporting: Assist to prepare draft and final reports after the necessary internal reviews, wrap up audit work programs and workfiles, and any other wrap up activities.
- Developing and maintaining productive working relationships with client personnel
- Build strong internal relationships within EY Advisory Services and with other services across the organization
To qualify for the role, you must
- Be pursuing a degree in Accountancy, Commerce, Risk Management or related fields
- Have good understanding of risks and controls
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills such as Microsoft Office
Please note that for your application to be considered, you are required to upload the following documents together with your online application:
- Detailed resume
- Highest academic certification and transcripts
Only applications with complete set of data and documents will be considered.
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident leader equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, strategy, transaction and consulting services. The EY member firms in Singapore, with a strength of close to 3,400 people and 180 Partners, is part of the Asia-Pacific Area, which comprises 23 countries across 6 Regions and brings together over 55,000 people to provide services seamlessly across borders.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.