Banking - Financial Accounting and Advisory Services - Manager
Within EY, FAAS operates across a global network and the UK has dedicated team focussing on Financial Services clients. Given the dynamic and innovative landscape of financial services and products, FAAS specialists must deal with the added complexity of understanding and implementing financial accounting and regulatory change in a constantly changing environment.
To join a team specialising in technical accounting where we assist our clients on complex financial accounting matters and acting as accounting policy specialists on some for the firms most significant financial services external audit clients. In return, you can expect leading-class learning and development tailored to your unique interests and motivations. You’ll be given all the skills, knowledge and opportunities to progress and help us to build a better working world for our people, our clients and the communities that support us.
Your key responsibilities
Everything you’ll do will come back to providing exceptional accounting advisory services for our clients. Colleagues and clients from a diverse array of backgrounds will look to you first for answers, so you’ll be a high-profile contact when it comes to resolving complex accounting issues. As you build your knowledge and experience, you’ll become a credible advisor, influencing clients and engagement teams on resolutions that will impact entire industries
The areas we work in include assessment of complex financial instruments, significant transactions (business combinations, portfolio transactions, IPOs and demergers), GAAP conversions and implementation of new accounting and reporting requirements. You will also act as an accounting policy Subject Matter Expert on external audits.
Skills and attributes for success
- Contribute to the development and debate surrounding accounting and regulatory developments, focusing on the practical impact on financial services clients;
- Assist clients through the provision of advice, the delivery of implementation projects, investigation and resolution of accounting and regulatory issues;
- Work with our clients implementing new or revised accounting standards, GAAP conversions, accounting and regulatory change.
- Broaden and deepen our relationships with our clients, specifically with the CFO office, including financial and regulatory reporting at group and division level, specialist accounting policy teams and change teams;
- Engage in business development and other marketing activities for the FAAS team to help grow the business;
- Support management in preparing and delivering proposals on new opportunities;
- Manage and lead teams on projects and work with other Advisory and Assurance teams to deliver high quality client service;
- Take an active role in coaching, developing and counselling junior staff members.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Accounting qualifications ACA/CA/ACCA or equivalent
- Significant experience of IFRS, UK GAAP or US GAAP gained within the Financial Services sector
- Experience in drafting technical accounting papers
- Ability to network effectively within large organisations and build relationships with individuals and clients
- Team management skills and experience in overseeing the work of others
- Be technically sound and have an understanding and appreciation of recent accounting developments (IFRS 9, IFRS 16, IFRS 15, IFRS 10, IFRS 13, FRS 101, FRS 102 etc.)
- Had exposure to financial reporting
- Significant exposure to finance functions at financial corporate institutions – e.g. strategy, policy, procedures and controls
What we look for
We are looking for candidates who are excited about Accounting Advisory. You will be a qualified accountant with a passion for this field and strong technical accounting skill set. You will be able to lead and motivate teams and have the ability to generate new business opportunities.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions.
Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.