Product Controller - AVP
- Work in the Finance department of one of the world’s top tier Financial Institutions and a first-hand insight into our business
- A desirable compensation and benefits package including eligibility for an annual bonus
- Professional development opportunities including access to Morgan Stanley’s world-class internal training program
- Enriching challenges that provide opportunity for constant learning and advancement
- A supportive and inclusive environment, we accept individual differences and use them to better our work environment and culture
- A balance between personal and professional lifestyles, including flexible working opportunities such as work from home arrangements
- High specification office space with leading technologies, collaborative working spaces and wellbeing facilities
- Have oversight , support and review the daily P&L production process in collaboration with Finance colleagues across Mumbai, Glasgow, New York and Baltimore
- Provide P&L reporting and analysis for senior management on daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Work closely with Sales & Trading, Risk Management, Technology, Operations and other Controllers on a day-to-day basis to ensure accurate P&L reporting and analysis.
- Review the Business Performance monthly packs for desk heads and partner with stakeholders to generate efficiency savings and earnings
- Perform and review key monthly controls and reconciliations, ensure adherence to policies and procedures
- Control: Identify / Design / Implement new controls and processes in the P&L production process where required in keeping up to date with new policies and standards and best practice.
- Review and agree with the Accounting Policy team for any non-standard transaction proposal from the Business Units.
- Balance Sheet, Liquidity & Funding: Review production / development of monthly reports.
- Constantly challenge the status quo and look for opportunities to improve existing controls and reporting processes
- Participate in projects and queries as raised by senior Finance and Business Unit management
- A Masters degree in Finance/Accounting or related field with prior Finance-related experience and preferably be a qualified accountant (i.e.Bilanzbuchhalter) or part-qualified accountant
- Relevant experience in Product Control and knowledge of financial products
- Business fluency in German and English with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good knowledge of accounting standards (German, IFRS and US GAAP)
- A high regard for attention to detail and accuracy to ensure close control of the reported P&L.
- An awareness of emerging industry trends such as Basel capital rules, Asset Quality Review (AQR) and Stress Testing.
- High self-motivation and the ability to work both independently and as an effective team member / leader.
- Strong planning and prioritization skills with the ability to work effectively on multiple tasks and with multiple stakeholders.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word) and an ability to summarise data/themes in a meaningful format
You may also have:
Relevant work experience in the financial services industry (Financial/ Accounting Controlling, Market Risk or Treasury/Funding) is preferred
Team Profile: The Institutional Securities Group Finance (ISGF) contributes to Finance’s success as a guardian of the Firm’s books and records by ensuring the appropriate accounting classification, timing and accuracy of economic transactions and events. ISGF reports, reviews and analyses divisional and consolidated net revenue, and contributes to controlling the daily and month-end close process. ISGF is responsible for monitoring resource limits and reporting on the balance sheet, capital, liquidity and funding with close interaction with Legal Entity Controllers, Regulatory Controllers, Treasury, Risk, Operations and Technology.
About us: Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. Morgan Stanley provides a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, achieve and grow.
Morgan Stanley Europe SE in Frankfurt is the new broker dealer subsidiary of Morgan Stanley International PLC created to assist European customers in a fast evolving economic and regulatory landscape.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.