Team Lead - Taxation
Who we are looking for:
State Street Alternative Investments Tax Group provides U.S. tax reporting solutions to various alternative investment products, primarily hedge funds and private equity partnerships. You will be an integral part of our team’s expansion of one of the world’s largest alternative investment tax practices and participate in the strategic growth of our firm’s operations in the APAC region. The role involves working closely with local management and our centralized Boston team to provide tax services to the firm’s alternative investment clients. You will coordinate efforts with external audit firms and internal fund administration & financial reporting groups. Processing and analyzing quarterly, yearly and ad-hoc calculations will help maintain client’s US tax compliance.
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
As a Senior Associate (Team Lead) you will:
- Prepare and review partnership tax allocations and workpapers for alternative investments products (hedge, private equity, PFICs and exchange funds).
- Plan and manage internal production calendar to ensure delivery in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assist business groups on tax compliance requirements.
- Communicate with managers on status of assignments/projects.
- Ensure all checklists and controls are completed; all tax records are maintained in accordance with the business unit and internal audit guidelines.
- Maintain effective day-to-day communication with Boston tax team and positively seek feedback on our work.
- Train the junior staff on preparation of tax allocations and design new starter on-job training.
- Supervise tax associates’ work and resolve complex queries from them.
- Show willingness to assume additional tasks in order to share workload within team/department.
- Raise ideas to manager to support continuous operational improvements.
- Foster relationship with home site and maintain effective communication with them.
- Identify and report all risk and compliance issues, breaches and suspicious activities.
- Act in accordance with Risk Excellence as part of our Corporate Strategy.
- Display effective team focus and able to communicate effectively within the team.
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- 5-7 years of experience in financial services (US taxation experience required).
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time efficiently.
- Act as an effective team player, demonstrated flexibility in scheduling.
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Full time Masters in Business Administration (MBA) or equivalent from reputed university.
- Superior knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word & Excel.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.