Analyst, Transfer Agency
The Transfer Agency department provides a third party fund administration service to numerous fund management companies covering the full range of shareholder servicing functions including dealing, registration, settlements, distributions, commissions and statements. The team provides technical support to the operational areas, independent handling of complaints, undertake process reviews, co-ordinate audit visits, providing management information and analysis.
The Analyst will:
- Prepare and assist in the preparation and review of underlying investor reporting for Global Fund Services and Hedge Fund Accounting clients.
- Verify/perform complex calculations for management fees, performance based fees and distribution activity within scheduled timeframes, while maintaining the integrity of capital account balances at both the fund and investor levels.
- Work in a team environment, with complicated and complex fund structures.
- Liaise with clients, auditors and fund accountants regarding accounting, financial statements, tax and reporting of entities administered by the US Fund Administration (Partnership Accounting) department in a timely, efficient and accurate manner adhering to the highest standards.
- Verify/calculate complex transactions, audit portfolio reports, and research discrepancies on a weekly/monthly basis for accounts requiring special handling.
- Prepare inquiry or independently resolve audit problems.
- Verify financial information (capital balances, unit ownerships, rates of return, etc), ensuring that reports sent to the clients are accurate and delivered within scheduled timeframes.
- Document client-specific procedures.
- Maintain client profiles.
- Monitor, resolve and respond to client/partner inquiries. Follow-through to conclusion.
- Regularly communicate with clients/partners providing guidance and solutions regarding questions, discrepancies, or special procedures which arise in assigned accounts.
- Prepare various year-end tax adjustments for client auditors/tax preparers.
- Recommend process improvements, perform related duties as assigned, and participate in other work of the unit where volume or absence warrants.
- Strong analytical skills are required to research and resolve inquiries/issues.
- Organizational skills are required to manage conflicting priorities and multi-task functions to ensure client reports are delivered within committed, scheduled timeframes.
- Strong communication skills are required to facilitate the flow of information back and forth between clients, underlying investors, internal partners, and interested 3rd parties.
- Competent in Excel is a plus. Successful Analysts are self-motivated individuals, who are able to handle multiple responsibilities in a fast paced, client-focused, deadline-oriented environment.
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.