Roles and Responsibilities:
- Main responsibility is to prepare accurate, timely Financial Statements in accordance with accounting policies and internationally recognized standards.
- Oversee all day to day Financial accounts across all activities and business
- Prepare and record asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Conduct monthly/quarterly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance.
- Analyze financial statements for discrepancies and other issues to ensure statements are accurate and in compliance with policies and standards.
- Prepare and forecast the company budget, and highlight any deviation from it that might affect the cash flow and results
- Update and enhance the company policies, procedures, processes and internal controls.
- Maintain accounting program, including updating the chart of accounts. Manage general ledger and month-end/year-end close processes.
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting system and procedures as per the latest International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRSs).
- Manage the relationship with third parties such as banks and auditors, etc.
- Oversee work performed by subordinates, review their output and ensure that the deadlines are met.
- Develop and document accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Exercise a personal duty of care for their own health, safety and welfare and to that of others.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- An MBA is not required but would be a plus.
- CMA, CA, CPA, CFA designation is highly desired.
- 10+ years of accounting experience out of which 5 being in similar role
- Should be able to close the books of accounts within the stipulated time line and prepare necessary management reports.
- Strong interpersonal skills and good communication (oral and writing) skills are essential
- Analytical skills and attention to details are very essential for this position.
- Good knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRSs)
- Good knowledge of various ERP accounting software tools such as Dynamics, Quick books, etc…
- High level of integrity and dependability, with diligent work ethics
- Must be able to work effectively in a demanding, multicultural environment