SPG Capital Control & External Reporting Product Controller
Title: CIB F&BM SPG Capital Controller – Analyst
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.7 trillion and operations worldwide. The Firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the worlds most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its JP Morgan and Chase brands.
Finance & Business Management’s (F&BM) goals are to ensure sound control environments and provide financial advice to support the business strategy. Within F&BM, the Controllers organization is responsible for ensuring the overall integrity and validity of the financial statements and controls over the transaction cycle; performing critical reporting functions for the organization, both financial and regulatory, as well as ensuring execution and implementation of the overall financial architecture.
The Securitized Products Group (SPG) is part of Markets within Corporate & Investment Bank. The business actively engages in the following business activities:
- Acquires or originates, warehouses, and subsequently securitizes consumer and other financial assets
- Makes markets in existing securitized financial assets
- Provides financing of consumer and other financial assets for clients
- Underwrites securitizations for third parties
- Structures and trades in derivative products linked to securitized products
Position Description & Responsibilities
The Capital Control function within CIB F&BM is responsible for RWA and Capital, and timely and accurate regulatory submissions including:
- Complete ownership of Basel III Regulatory Capital / RWA including, but not limited to, securitization exposures (SFA, SSFA), Traditional Credit Products (TCP) exposures, Available-for-Sale (AFS) exposures, market risk exposures
- Primary face to the business for Capital, providing transaction support / guidance and acting as liaison with Regulatory Policy, etc.
- Control, oversight and integrity of the financial statements and end-to-end control around external reporting
- Work very closely with line-product control teams to ensure completeness of processing, etc.
- Reconcile balance sheet to RWA and verify proper treatments based on activity and structures, etc.
- Produce submissions for Regulatory and External Reporting – including but not limited to, FFIEC 101, FR Y-15, LLC specific Legal Entity reporting
- Understanding key reports & reporting requirements, ensuring timely delivery & accuracy of same
- Adherence to stringent controls & standards across all processes. Involves continuous process review, audits, robust documentation of procedures, controls & key metrics
- Be an active part of the team, coming up with ideas and suggestions for improvements etc.
The two most important characteristics required are the potential to succeed and an active interest in finance.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Mathematics, etc.
- Strong technical skills and experience working with large amounts of data (i.e. Excel, PowerPoint)
- Results orientated without compromising control, strong attention to detail
- Experience in controller organization
- Highly skilled at problem solving, with a logical and tenacious approach
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills; able to work on multiple initiatives with competing deadlines
- Self-motivated and willing to take initiative
- Knowledge / experience with fixed income products
- Familiarity with Basel 2.5 and Basel 3 Capital regimes preferred
- Understanding Balance Sheet and Capital preferred
- Accounting / Control experience- a professional accounting qualification, e.g. CPA, ACA, CIMA
- CFA charter holder
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.