FY21 Assurance Intern-Guernsey
The Channel Islands Summer Internship is a 4 week paid work experience programme that will fully immerse you in life at EY. As part of a high performing team you will be working with our clients and we will team you up with people who started their careers off just like you. Impress us, and you could start the process to secure yourself a graduate contract.
Focussing on communication, team building, networking and learning about what we do, and what is important to people at EY is all part of your commitment to the Internship.
Joining us as part of a cohort is never quite as daunting as joining on your own so having other individuals on the programme who you can work with, give each other encouragement and celebrate success with is key.
EY is committed to doing its part in building a better working world for our people and in doing so, we play a critical role in attracting and retaining our future leaders of tomorrow.
By 2020, we will be a US$50 billion distinctive professional services organization that delivers on our promises to stakeholders through exceptional client service. There couldn’t be a better time to join us and be part of our ambitious growth plans.
As an Intern within Assurance, you will be a fundamental part of a multi-disciplinary team, working closely with our Associates and clients delivering efficient and effective assurance services.
How will an internship with EY expose you to business and clients?
- Assist in the preparation of accurate assurance documentation for review
- Assist in nominated audit area(s) and/or delivery and completion of smaller clients
- Gain an in depth understanding of the audit process from your peers
- Complete work allocated to you by team members within agreed deadlines
- Gain understanding of client/business issues, e.g. by using the firm’s knowledge resources
- Gather and assist in analysis of data, and perform low level audit testing to support the team
How will an internship with EY help develop your people skills?
- Develop an effective working relationship with your assigned teams
- Seek opportunities to expand your knowledge
- Keep the team up to date with your progress/issues
- Be proactive about your own learning and development
- Seek feedback on your personal performance and areas for improvement
How will an internship with EY help you to increase your employability?
- Organisational and time management skills
- Questioning and listening skills
- Good writing skills
- IT skills
- Strong communication skills
- Team working skills
- A-Levels/Highers or equivalent
- Studying towards a degree
- Local to the Channel Islands or a close family connection to the Islands
- Ability to take part in our online strengths based competency testing as part of our assessment process
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you achieve a lifestyle balance.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.