Tax Senior Manager – Insurance (FSO): Bermuda
EY is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit (“FSO”) that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. As a market segment of the FSO, the BBC includes the Bahamas, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, and Cayman Islands. The BBC operates as one regional practice and we seek to attract the best talent from across the globe. By joining the BBC, you will receive unmatched exposure and experience to our continuously growing portfolio of diverse financial services clients.
EY’s FSO tax practice provides comprehensive and specialized tax assistance tailored to the unique needs of the insurance industry. You would join our tax professionals who are knowledgeable and experienced with varied and specialized facets of reinsurance, general insurance and captive insurance taxation, including organizational structuring, tax compliance, and on-call advice.
Your key responsibilities
As a senior manager in our insurance tax practice, you will be responsible for managing and coordinating tax compliance and advisory work for clients. You will work on key client issues in domestic federal, international and state and local taxation with a focus on implementing tax strategies that align with the client's business objectives. You will oversee tax compliance accounts for reinsurance, general and captive insurance clients.
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong technical knowledge in the insurance tax area
- Experience in economics of the engagement with the ability to organize teams schedule, budget and fees for various clients assigned
- Involvement in teaching or assisting with firm in-house trainings to staff and above; acting as a counsellor to our managers and seniors; running teams and accounts that are also outside local office and spread across various locations
- Able to identify key tax technical issues and raise the appropriate questions before the work is sent for review to the associate partner/partner, and consult when necessary
- Build impactful relationships with new and existing clients and maintain relationships with firm leadership as well as create a positive and trusting environment
- Able to identify key tax technical issues and raise the appropriate questions, and consult when necessary
To qualify for the role you must have
- A Bachelor’s degree in an accounting, finance or a business discipline, and a minimum of 8 years of relevant tax experience; or an advanced degree in tax or law and a minimum of 7 years of relevant tax experience
- A CPA (or equivalent internationally recognized accounting designation), Enrolled Agent and/or LLM certification is required
- The ideal candidate would have experience serving clients in the insurance industry, which may include property & casualty insurance, reinsurance and captive insurance
- Broad exposure to federal income taxation and exposure to state and local tax
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Excellent managerial, leadership, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills
- Demonstrated skills in mentoring and training others
- Demonstrated business development skills and a thorough understanding of building client relationships
What we look for
We’re interested in hard working team players who are comfortable partnering with others as well as working independently. You’ll also need to be a detail oriented performer who can multi-task and meet deadlines, as well as bring creative solutions to the job every day.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical, dental and vision coverage, competitive pension plan, a minimum of 25 days of vacation plus 11 observed holidays, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress in your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Make your mark.
EY, an equal opportunity employer, values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.