Accounting Assistant Manager
Department (Phòng ban) Finance and Accounting (F&A)
Product/Function (Sản phẩm/ Chức năng) Reporting
Work Location (Nơi làm việc) Transportation Head office - HCM
Report to Senior Accounts Manager
Olam International is a leading global integrated supply chain manager and processor of agricultural products and food ingredients, sourcing 20 products with a direct presence in 70 countries and supplying them to over 16,200 customers. Headquartered in Singapore and listed on the SGX-ST on February 11, 2005, Olam currently ranks among the top 40 largest listed companies in Singapore in terms of market capitalization and is a component stock in the Straits Times Index (STI), MSCI Singapore Free, S&P Agribusiness Index and the DAX global Agribusiness Index. More formation on Olam can be found at www.olamgroup.com.
Olam commenced operations in Vietnam in 2000, setting up the first coffee factory in the Daknong province. Since then, Olam has established an extensive presence across different parts of Vietnam, including the head office in Ho Chi Minh City and regional offices in the Long An, Dong Nai, Daklak, Lamdong and Gialai Provinces. Today, Olam is amongst the largest exporter of Cashew, Coffee, Pepper and Instant Coffee in Vietnam having operations across Central and South Vietnam.
- This position is to be partner with factories and assist the F&A manger to handle all of activities of Finance & Accounting department including but not limiting to reporting, internal & external audit, other information required by Olam on regular basis.
- As part of Olam team, you will be responsible for integrating various systems and processes as followed by Olam.
Job duties & Responsibility
Daily operation & Month end closing activities:
- Lead and ensure the Month end closing and reporting processes complete on time.
- Prepare, review and analyze all the movement in the financial statements (P&L, B/S, C/F) and schedules.
- Analyze the accounts of COGs, inventories, validate and update the standard cost into the system.
- Review the fixed assets transactions and reports
- Support & advice on matters related to oversea payment.
- Handle the inventory and fixed assets count at the year end.
- Assist in master data creation (vendors, customers, BOM, materials
- To support and advise Accounting department in solving Accounting and SAP issues as well as tax and legal problems.
- Corporate with tax team/ legal team/ shipment team in the matter related to taxes, contracts, customs and related report.
- Responsible for both statutory and group reporting pack (monthly, quarterly, yearly…). Ensure the reports are submitted with high accuracy, compliance with both VAS and IFRS and on timely manner
- Ensuring smooth day-to-day operations of the finance and accounting function.
- Other ad hoc activities or improvement projects assigned by managers.
Internal & external audit:
- Liaise with Internal auditors to manage the audit activities and their matters on timely manner.
- Lead and manage External audit (Big 4) for Interim and Annual Audit to issue the VAS report on time.
- Continuously engage with factories, F& A team to understand, identify and suggest solution for risk management.
- Review and understand the processes and ensure that the processes and supporting documents are followed and complied with internal policy and external regulation.
Team management and development:
- Coach and develop team members in both technical and soft skills.
- Build a capable, high performing and motivated team.
Job requirement (education, experience and skills)
- Education/Academic Bachelor’s degree, major in Accounting and Finance.
- Recognized Professional Accounting qualification (ACCA or CPA) would be preferable
- Language/Computer Proficiency Fluency in English, Excel proficiency
- Technical Skills/Competencies Experience in using SAP.
- Understanding of VAS, IFRS.
- Working knowledge in tax (VAT, WHT…)
- Analysis skills.
- Can lead & guide other team to follow the process
- Behavioral Competencies Teamwork, coordinative/persuasive skill, communication skill, and hands on.
- Can work with diverse team members across locations.
- Ability to work independently as well as in with multiple people in different locations
- Work Experience At least 5 years’ experience in Finance and Accounting (F&A) functions and 3 years’ experience in similar roles. Financial Auditing and/or FMCG domain experience is preferred.