Headcount & Controlling Analyst #158829
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse.
A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards.
The Global COO function provides central support to Group Operations and Group Ops Solutions (IT) in cost management, location strategy, resource planning & tracking, financial planning, and related deliverables by working in close partnership with Functional COOs, Senior Managers, Line Operations & Group Finance/Group COO.
An integral part of the Global COO remit is to control and report on the Total Costs & Resource utilisation of the GO/GOS functions. This is achieved by preparing monthly MI to facilitate discussions across Senior Management which tracks the cost progression against targets, as well as acting in an advisory capacity to achieve management objectives, covering business & IT direct expenses, balance sheet control & allocated costs to the Front Office divisions.
Group Operations is represented across 4 regions with around 3200 staff and external vendor resources, GOS (IT) is an additional 1600 employees.
This specific role is within the central control/consolidation team in Global COO, focusing on Headcount (HC) related Management & Reporting, Planning, Analysis & Control.
- Become key SME delivering headcount MI (historical, YTD and future forecasts) for the Group Operations & GOS functions.
- Manage headcount analysis, understanding headcount movements, taking corrective actions, coordinating with COO’s.
- Control over headcount tracking tool (Resource Forecaster) for GO & GOS, provide support to the users, managing Resource Forecaster requirements and major issues as well as developing the tool amongst the Power Users community.
- Understand any change in requirement in the database, reconciliation process or reporting, and make necessary changes in the existing codes. This will require an understanding of the entire database system and codes, along with the various sources of information.
- Work with cross functional teams to build prototypes and reporting dashboards that deepen our collective understanding of our financials, and deliver impactful insights – for peer groups, business partners, or senior leaders.
- Partner with business leaders and key business partners in Group Operations & GOS to fully understand business drivers and issues as appropriate.
- Coordinate effectively with the numerous teams on common areas of scalability, data quality management, data delivery management and performance optimization.
- Look for opportunities to improve current processes or find efficiencies by applying industry standard methodologies as a ‘business intelligence’ developer.
- Given the especially dynamic and volatile nature of the business much of the above will need to be achieved to short deadlines but with high levels of accuracy.
- Proficient with the use of MS Office, especially MS Excel (including functions, pivots, lookups). Knowledge of MS SQL (ad hoc queries, query nesting) and MS Access will be an asset.
- Minimum 3-5 years of proven experience working in finance environment.
- Results-oriented, hardworking individual with strong analytical and financial mind-set. Excellent problem solving skills.
- Competent multitasking and prioritizing skills combined with the ability to work to tight timeframes.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with proficiency in English.
- Business or Finance related education to degree level.
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.
- Private medical care
- Life insurance for employees and additional insurance options available for family members
- Pension plan
- Charity days
- Training and development
- Internal Mobility
- Language training course
- Family – nursery and kindergarten funding, gift vouchers for Christmas
- Parking allowance
- Health promotion: Multisport card, sporting events and groups within Credit Suisse (skiing trips, football team, running team, tennis training course etc.)
- Employee discounts on various products and services (event tickets, consumer products, etc.)
- Relocation package
- Employee Referral Program
- Flexible work schedule and working from home (home office)
Credit Suisse is committed to providing equal employment opportunities, regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, civil partnership, marital or family status, pregnancy, disability or any other status that is protected as a matter of local law.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.