Senior - Valuation, Modelling and Economics
Competitive business today is all about making intelligent, informed decisions. As a valuation Senior you’ll help make that happen. You will be an important part of our diversely talented, highly experienced team and work at the forefront of high-profile transactions. Our team of strategic advisors sits at the heart of a global Valuations network of specialists who deliver high quality advice through each phase of the transaction process.
Strategy and Transaction (SaT) is recruiting for a Valuation Senior (Assistant Manager equivalent) to assist our clients in addressing their strategic planning, regulatory compliance, financial reporting and fair, market value documentation needs. You have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning.
Your key responsibilities
As a Valuation Senior, you'll make technical contributions to valuation client engagements and internal projects. You'll gain a thorough understanding of the target business and its market, and of clients' issues, performing research and analysis of the target's industry and of quoted companies operating in that sector. You'll deal with day-to-day queries raised by clients and will attend internal and external meetings relating to the assignment.
You'll perform valuation calculations and analysis, as well as being involved in drafting presentations and reports, formulating views on value, presenting conclusions to the rest of the team and contributing to the presentations of our work and findings to clients. Key tasks should include:
- Build financial models in the business valuation for various purposes (e.g. M&A purpose, tax purpose, financial reporting purpose, purchase price allocation, etc.);
- Review and build complex and dynamic financial models in various sectors to support clients in sensitivity analysis, scenario analysis and investment return analysis for feasibility studies;
- Assist the audit team to review the valuation reports prepared by other valuers (e.g., investments valuation reports, purchase price allocation report, goodwill impairment review, etc.) as audit procedures;
- Draft valuation reports and presentations;
- Coach and guide other junior team members
Skills and attributes for success
Individuals who will strive to deliver valuations on time and within budget will do well in this environment. You will also be required to take ownership of your career by obtaining regular feedback on a timely basis and keeping alert to learning and development opportunities. You'll actively establish and develop external and internal relationships, helping to create a positive learning culture within the team. At your level, you should be able to work independently with frequent communication with Managers/Directors.
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor's degree in finance, economics, accounting or business and at least 5-6 years of related business valuation work experience
- Proven track of core valuation experience and delivery including business valuations, intangible assets valuation, purchase price allocations and goodwill impairment testing.
- Solid accounting background with special focus on fair value related accounting standards (IFRS 13, IFRS 3, IAS 36, IAS 38, etc)
- Financial modelling skills including experience in building advanced models from scratch and model reviews
- Demonstrated record of solving complex problems and completing challenging projects.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Previous valuation experience in professional services/Big 4 Firm or Investment Banking
- Time spent working in a consulting environment
- Financial modelling experience
- Achievement of or significant progress towards a CFA or MBA
What we look for
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, analytical, logical thinkers with a passion for valuations and have a very strong attention to detail. Being a strong team player is critical with the ability to adapt to changing requirements or deadlines in support of our client’s goals.
What working at EY offer’s
- Competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business
- Range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most recognized and engaging leaders in the profession
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY Strategy and Transactions teams work with clients to navigate complexity by helping them to reimagine their eco-systems, reshape their portfolios and reinvent themselves for a better future. With global connectivity and scale, EY Strategy and Transactions teams help clients drive corporate, capital, transaction and turnaround strategies through to execution, supporting fast-track value creation in all types of market environments. EY Strategy and Transactions teams help support the flow of capital across borders and help bring new products and innovation to market. In doing so, EY Strategy and Transactions teams help clients to build a better working world by fostering long-term value.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us
Building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.