Liquidity Management, Associate 2, Edinburgh
Who we are looking for:
An excellent opportunity has arisen at the Associate 2 level within Liquidity Management which involves carrying out a high risk function within the operation. The successful candidate’s responsibilities primarily include the timely and accurate processing of client Liquidity Management instructions for Global market events within a Middle Office or Custody environment. This will also involve working closely with Global (Sub) Custodians around the instruction confirmation process on behalf of a diverse client base.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder record-keeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
As Liquidity Management specialist Associate-2, you will:
We are offering a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic team to work on positioning and funding State Street’s Global nostro positions for the EMEA region. As part of this team you will work closely with multiple Cash and Treasury teams within State Street, adhering to currency deadlines and providing balances in a highly time critical environment.
- Provide the forecast of expected nostro related cash activity and/or monitor direct clearing activity.
- Check and release funding calculations/payments.
- Demonstrate a pro-active approach to cash funding /nostro forecasting to maximize net interest revenue and reduce exposure.
- Maintain ongoing awareness of issues relating to cash funding e.g. FX and interest rate volatility.
- Maintain and foster relationships with internal and external counterparts such as client service groups, brokers and subcustodians, agent banks and clearing schemes.
- Prepare and validate reports for delivery to management.
- Offer operational support for team manager and deputise when required.
- Participate in projects as necessary
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills essential
- Acts collaboratively
- Willingness to learn
- Team player
- Idea generator
- Demonstrates ability to work accurately and to daily deadlines
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- 2-3 years of related banking/cash management experience.
- Strong knowledge of major financial instruments and products impacting cash flow.
- Sound understanding of security transactions with strong knowledge of individual market nuances and specific deadlines in relation to cash flow.
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced, deadline oriented environment
- Decisive with demonstrated ability to make decisions calmly and rationally in stressful situations.
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexibility in work schedule
- Proficient PC skills with strong MS Excel and/or MS Access knowledge
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.