Manager, Operating Model Effectiveness (OME), APTC
Our Asia Pacific Tax Center (“APTC”) operates as a team of highly experienced tax professionals from across Asia Pacific who focus on delivering efficient and effective resources to companies in the region.
EY’s multidisciplinary Asia-Pacific Operating Model Effectiveness (OME) practice is a regional Centre of Excellence working with clients who are transforming their operating models for growth and/or margin improvement with sustainable after-tax results. The critical success factor is an integrated approach to all aspects across people and organization, business processes, systems, tax and legal matters to ensure that benefits are delivered on time, as well as in a legally compliant and sustainable manner. The practice works across borders and has professionals stationed in different locations in Asia, including Hong Kong, Singapore and Kuala Lumpur.
Your key responsibilities
As a Manager in our practice you will help develop solutions and proposals for a wide array of multinational clients in different industries. You will be part of multi-disciplinary delivery teams, contributing to a specific work area, for example organization design or corporate income tax, and coordinating with colleagues and client teams in different countries.
Based in Singapore, you will often travel to other locations in Asia for client meetings, as well as internal training and development sessions.
As all team members are often travelling, you need to be a self-starter and able to drive your tasks and delivery forward independently.
Your technical expertise is not just a deep understanding based on your specific education and work experience but also in understanding how the different aspects link together and you are able to explain to clients what trade-offs to make in order to get the best overall outcomes. This means that you enjoy and keep up with constantly learning about the different aspects of operating businesses successfully in Asia.
Skills and attributes for success
- Excellent analytical, management and leadership skills
- Strong drive to excel professionally, and to guide and motivate others
- Good advisory and writing skills
- Proven experience in managing multiple projects, as well as being deadline-driven
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills - comfortable with working across borders with a wide network of people
- Coordination and prioritization, resourceful and analytical, independent in managing own workload, ability to work under pressure and to keep things moving and to juggle multiple tasks
- Numerate and detail oriented and working with large amount of data
- Ability to understand processes and technology \Experience working with or advising startups/scaleup/TMT companies
To qualify for the role you must have
- A Bachelor’s degree or professional qualification in relevant field
- At least 4-5 years of experience in supply chain, operational finance, in-house tax or in a consulting environment
- Basic project management knowledge and experience
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization. If you’re ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities, and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your work experience, where you will be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements (FWA), as needed, guided by our FWA Policy. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from engaging colleagues
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that is right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, strategy and transactions, and consulting services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.