FAAS -Technology & Innovation - Manager
EY is looking for people to join our Finance Technology team within CFO Advisory Services practice, helping our clients transform their businesses through technology enabled solutions.
We are looking for candidates with a strong delivery track record in the financial services sector, ideally Insurance or Banking, who can apply their understanding of the business, change management and technology skills to ensure the delivery of the desired business outcomes to our clients.
We are looking for individuals who are highly motivated, have a problem-solving mindset and are passionate about what they do. We invite you to join us in further building the continued success of our Financial Services CFO Advisory Practice.
Based in London (other locations in the UK will be considered), but as part of a global organisation, the role will involve working with our UK and Global FS clientsYour Responsibilities
As a Manager within our CFO Advisory Services practice you will be responsible for delivery of business transformation projects. You will be a part of the team providing advise to our clients throughout different stages of their technology implementation projects on functional requirements, solution options, user acceptance and functional testing of the fintech solutions.
As a business integrator, you will work closely with the wider teams of developers, project managers and business users focusing on the functional side of the processes and technology, providing valuable insight and advice to inform and support our clients decisions about the solutions selection, design, testing and implementation to ensure the solutions achieve the required functionality and business outcomes.
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage and support the delivery of projects, exercising subject matter expertise, assessing engagement risks throughout, driving conclusions
- Provide quality assurance and monitor risks, manage assignment teams and third parties, liaise with service line teams, functional specialists and engagement/area Partners
- Train, coach, and supervise junior staff as well as monitoring staff availability and chargeability and supporting their development
- Contribute to business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients, support bid teams in development and delivery of high-quality proposals
- Contribute to thought leadership developing demonstrating great depth of specialism by contributing to EY Point of views
- Contribute to the design, development and implementation of strategic initiatives
- Drive innovation in all that they do and is seen as a leader in this area. Implementing new ways of working, delivery models and / or technological advancements
- Contributing to the growth of the practice via the sharing of knowledge and experience and the development of solutions, engagement tools and enablers
Required experience, skills and qualifications
- Experience of working in a consulting role in financial services, or a transformation role in industry, ideally in insurance or banking
- Insurance and/or banking products knowledge will be a strong benefit
- Experience with one or more of the following would be a benefit: regulatory, statutory and management reporting projects (e.g. IFRS9, IFRS17, IBOR, VIR COREP, FINREP); optimisation of financial resources projects (capital, liquidity, RWA, LBS etc.)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, experience of managing different levels of stakeholders
- Good working knowledge of MS Office package, in particular Excel and Power Point
- A first level university degree, 2:1 (or equivalent) or above is common but not compulsory
- An accounting qualification (ACA, ACMA, ACCA, CIMA) would be beneficial, but not essential
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.