Assurance - Audit Services - Financial Services - Staff Accountant/Senior Accountant
2 days left
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Our Financial Services Organization is a unique, industry-focused practice, and our Assurance is an integral part of our offering. With strong functional capabilities, and a varied range of knowledge, our clients look to us for advice they can rely on every time. Join us and share a passion for helping our clients assess, design, and deploy holistic external audit; transform operating models, and achieve regulatory compliance.
Furthermore, Our Assurance group is one of the most trusted, respected and influential organizations in the industry. As part of our teams, you will provide peace of mind to clients by using your skills and experience to give companies, investors and regulators confidence in the validity of financial statements and business-critical information or processes. Groups (or, as we call them, sub-service lines) within Assurance include External Audit, Climate Change and Sustainability Services, Financial Accounting Advisory Services.
At this time of pervasive change across banking, insurance and capital markets, this team offers dynamic project opportunities which will enable professionals like you to develop and build expertise in large scale program management and consulting.
Your key responsibilities
- Develop/maintain strong working relationships with key business decision makers throughout the year to communicate value and inform them of the firm's scope of services.
- Provide guidance/expertise and participate in the performance of audit procedures, especially focusing on complex and/or specialized issues.
- Support the planning, execution and delivery of assurance engagements
- Work effectively as a team member, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating senior team members on progress
- Assist in preparing reports and schedules that will be delivered to clients and other parties
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel
- Build strong internal relationships within Assurance and across other services
- Understand and follow workplace policies and procedures
- Use technology to continually learn, share knowledge with team members, and enhance service delivery. Maintain an educational program to continually develop skills;
To qualify for the role you must have
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in accounting and/or other appropriate academic major, as well as CPA certification;
- Approximately 3 years of experience as an auditor for a public accounting firm, or industry experience within insurance, banking or investment management;
- Holder of HKICPA is a definite advantage;
- Excellent project management skills;
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills;
- A dedication to teamwork and leadership;
- Integrity within a professional environment;
- Occasional travelling is required.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Mandarin.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Professional qualification such as CICPA, ACCA, and AICPA will be an advantage;
What we look for
We’re interested in flexible professionals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritise shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. You’ll also need the confidence to give professional advice and guidance to colleagues and clients from a diverse range of cultures, often with limited information – both verbally and in writing. If you’re a fast learner, with strong influencing skills and a genuine passion for information system security, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.