Team Leader, US Tax and Performance Reporting
About Northern Trust
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today!
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email us at APAC_Talent_Acquisition_Communications@ntrs.com
U.S. Tax and Performance Reporting has two distinct processes as compared to Financial Reporting teams. For Performance processes (Daily and Monthly), this includes Daily Review of daily call center sheet which NAVs, Net Asset, Outstanding Shares and Daily/Monthly Dividend Factors to Fund Accounting system data; Invoice Processing of expenses incurred by a fund such as printing, auditor’s fees etc.; Monthly performance package reports and Sec Yield Calculation. For Tax Reporting processes (Cyclical), this includes but not limited to Fin48 analysis , Wash Sales Analysis, Form 5500 analysis for Trust Funds, REITs analysis, and the like which some are used in U.S. Financial Reporting.
Role Overview (Individual Contributor)
The job holder is responsible for the preparation of performance reports such as Daily review, Monthly performance package, Sec Yield Calculation and Invoice processing; Tax reports such as Wash Sales, FIN48 analysis, Form 5500, REITs analysis etc.
Tax reports are prepared on a daily or monthly basis of which Business Days (BD) 1-8 are critical while Tax deliverables are cyclical in nature. The preparation is based on a set processes and procedures and the job holder will be required to adhere to these processes in completing day to day tasks.
Once performance and tax reports are completed, the jobholder will analyse and research for any discrepancies before sending to the home country for review. The analyst will correct any discrepancies/issues identified by Manila reviewer and communicated by the home country before closure.
Due to the daily, monthly and cyclical nature of the activities, it is anticipated that there will be peak periods of work and the job holder may be required to undertake additional working hours to ensure tasks are completed to the appropriate deadlines.
Has day-to-day management responsibilities for a small team. Responsible for the assignment of work to the Financial Reporting team in the Client Accounting area. Conducts performance management and career development processes. Possesses the leadership and organizational skills required to prioritize assignments and provide feedback to staff. Conducts performance management and career development processes, and staffing and disciplinary actions.
- Organizes the work of the team, assigns tasks, sets short-term priorities, monitors all activities and ensures timely and accurate completion of the work
- Conducts performance management and career development processes, and staffing and disciplinary actions
- Provides input and support to budget management process
- Carries out complex activities with significant financial, client, and/or internal business impact
- May have direct interaction with committees and/or Senior Management
- Able to serve as a key subject matter expert and mentor to other more junior level employees
- May manage daily operational activities and supervise day-to-day work of junior level employees (but not a formal management role)
- More technically sound in area of expertise and has broader knowledge of other areas
- Delivers a work product that requires less revision
- Able to facilitate discussions and reach decisions
- Leadership and organizational skills are needed to prioritize assignments and provide feedback to staff.
- Experience in financial statement preparation or financial reporting within an Audit Firm, financial institution or corporate finance function (for experienced candidates)
- Knowledge of accounting and regulatory concepts, financial instruments and products acquired through studies and/or related work experience
- Excellent desktop, IT and systems skills. Experience of Sungard InvestOne fund accounting platform or Confluence financial reporting systems advantageous. Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word essential.
- Knowledge of US GAAP, UK GAAP, Lux GAAP, Irish GAAP, Swiss GAAP & IFRS through studies and/or work experience (preferred)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- A College or University degree and/or some relevant work experience is required.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.