Executive Manager, Bankwest, Remediation, Advice and Insurance Audit
“At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let’s discuss what this means for you”
Group Audit & Assurance (GA&A) provide independent, objective and commercial risk focused assurance to the Board Audit Committee to assist the Group in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of its stakeholders. GA&A were recognised by Ernst & Young and PwC as the leading internal audit function among Australian peers in the financial services industry.
See yourself in our team
The Bankwest, Remediation, Advice and Insurance audit team is responsible for auditing the following key areas of the Group:
Bankwest is part of the Commonwealth Bank Group and is focused on the Western Australian market. Bankwest offers customers a range of retail and business banking products that includes Home loans, Credit cards, Transaction accounts, Savings accounts, Personal loans, Term deposits, Business accounts, Business credit cards, Payment solutions and Business loans and finance
- Customer Service Remediation (CSR)
The CSR program, within Group Program Delivery, is focused remediating Ongoing Service and FDS matters
- Advice and Insurance
A&I is part of Retail Banking Services (RBS) and offers our customers financial advice and short term insurance solutions to suit their needs
The team adds value to the Group by:
- Overseeing and deliver a professional and highly valued audit service to the business and Group’s Audit & Risk Committees
- Providing objective assurance on risk management to key customers (e.g. Group Executives and their leadership teams) to secure the financial wellbeing of the Bank’s customers
- Identifying issues together with risk and commercial insights as part of high quality audit reports, which help customers to make a difference to their business
Do work that matters
- Developing and executing of the Bankwest, CSR and A&I audit program, manage and lead large and diverse teams and engage with executive stakeholders
- Build and deliver a dynamic, risk-based audit plan and provide input to refresh this at least quarterly, to appropriately capture key and emerging risks
- Effectively lead, supervise and direct all aspects of the audit from Planning, Fieldwork, Reporting, and through to audit closure
- Be an agent of change by sharing learnings, support and drive appropriate use of analytics to strengthen and accelerate the audit findings and work closely with senior stakeholders to conclude audit findings and recommendations that can enable pragmatic business change
- Create and maintain key relationships with the Group Auditor and the GA&A executive and leadership teams, including subsidiary audit teams. Ensure all stakeholders and contributors are consulted on Group reporting and Board and senior stakeholder messaging
- Build and sustain independent and objective relationships with Line 1, Line 2 risk management, Project Steering Committees and professional services firms ensuring appropriate assurance coverage is provided
We’re interested in hearing from people who possess
- Experience in Audit and working in a large financial institution or in professional services firms with an extensive understanding of Retail Banking Products
- Strong knowledge of retail banking products and associated regulatory compliance risks, non financial risks and operational risks
- Internationally recognised auditing or professional qualifications
- Ability in building strong customer relationships based on credibility, rapport and trust
- Proven ability in deriving audit insights
If this sounds interesting to you, APPLY NOW!
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 29/10/2020
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.