Financial Control & Contracts - Senior Manager
Senior Manager – Financial Control & Contracts
At CommBank, we make flexibility happen. Let’s discuss what this means for you.
You will support delivery of great customer outcomes with care, courage and commitment strengthening risk management and financial control for CBA’s Enterprise Services covering Technology and Operations.
Do work that matters:
You will ensure financial statements related to banking operations are complete, valid and accurate by gaining an end-to-end understanding of business processes affecting banking operations, and ensuring that controls are fit-for-purpose, effective and tested.
You will do this under the remit of the Financial Services division, which partners with all areas of the Commonwealth Bank to provide both financial control and specialist advice on financial management and strategy.
- Develop/Enhance/Implement proactive, evidenced, well communicated and visible financial control for Enterprise Services
- Seek out potential Financial Control issues, and guide issue management and remediation
- Embed the Operational Risk Management Frameworks (ORMF) within ES Finance and develop our Risk Culture
- Act as a key point of contact for ES and represent ES Finance from a Line 1 Risk perspective within the Financial Services community
- Support the co-ordination and management of financial controls across Enterprise Services, including implementation of training and completion of regular risk reporting
- Oversight and management of issue and incident management data in RiskInSite (our Risk Management tool)
- Assist with queries from Internal and External Auditors
- Support the design of future state processes and financial controls, particularly related to the E2E Cost Management and Procurement Lifecycle
- Support the EM Financial Control and Contracts with ad hoc investigation as required
- Effective collaboration across Finance and Business stakeholders to drive business outcomes and become a trusted advisor and positively contribute to team culture and the work environment
We're interested in hearing from people who have:
- An inquisitive nature and are self-motivated – demonstrated experience of connecting dots to solve large and complex problems, and to ask the ‘unasked’ question
- A Risk Mindset – CommBank employees proactively identify, understand, openly discuss and act on risks impacting our delivery of great customer outcomes
- Data-based problem solving skills – ability to synthesize data and present insights
- Tertiary qualifications – open to Accounting or any of the STEM disciplines (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths)
- Desirable qualifications / experience - Lean Six Sigma, Change Management and Accounting
- A demonstrated partnering approach to problem solving
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 13/10/2020.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.