Capital Debt & Advisory - Manager - Saudi Arabia / Jordan
Competitive business today is all about making intelligent, informed decisions. As a Capital & Debt Advisory Manager based in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia or Amman, Jordan, you will help our clients make that happen. You will be an important part of our diversely talented, highly experienced team and work at the forefront of high-profile transactions. Our team of strategic advisors sits at the heart of a global team of capital and debt specialists who deliver high quality advice to our clients.
Our global network of Capital & Debt Advisory Services professionals helps clients raise capital, advise on capital structure and execute complex balance sheet restructurings. The team has decades of experience guiding clients through capital events and understands the dynamics of every layer of the capital structure. We aim to create long-term relationships with our clients and our teams work closely with them to understand their short and long-term goals - being there at every stage to identify problems, recommend, and implement solutions that deliver measurable results.
Your key responsibilities
As a Manager, you will help our clients to preserve, optimize, raise, and invest their capital to the benefit of their business using effective funding strategies for transactions, identifying funders and investors, and negotiating terms. You will also prepare key transaction documentation such as information memorandums, management presentations, structuring analysis, financial models, and discussion materials to assist in advisory and debt financing discussions. You will also support the targeting, marketing, and preparation of proposal materials and client coverage to develop new business.
Skills and attributes for success
- Project Management – be part of project teams comprising colleagues from across the Strategy & Transactions (SaT) sub service lines
- Business and Commercially Driven – working in a fast-paced, exciting environment with strong business acumen to drive value to our clients
- Business Development - assist in aspects of pursuits, including presentations and client meetings. Contribute to our practice development initiatives, supporting the continued focus on our team as a great place to work
- Learning - Learn and develop technical and personal skills to support achievement of career goals, through a blend of structured learning, coaching and experiences
- Building Relationships - Strong working relationships with senior clients, including influence, advice and support to key decision makers
To qualify for the role, you must have
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and a minimum of 5 years of related work experience related to capital and debt advisory from either an advisory firm, or a bank (e.g. corporate or investment banking, funding advisory, fundraising, capital structure optimization, etc).
- Strong finance and accounting skills with knowledge of capital markets.
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal abilities.
- Strong numerical aptitude, with evidence of financial modelling skills and proficiency in detailed financial analysis.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English language.
- Flexibility to travel in the region; approximately 25% to 50% of the time.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic working environment.
- Experience in developing high quality presentations and reports.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Fluency in Arabic both written and spoken.
- Knowledge of Islamic Finance.
- Client facing experience from a professional services background.
- Knowledge of the MENA region and funding environment.
What we look for
We’re interested in talented professionals with the ability to visualize our clients’ goals and think creatively to facilitate them, often in politically charged environments. We are looking for an energetic, lateral thinker with an enquiring mind, and someone who can display a high level of commercial acumen. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, and a genuine passion for taking on new challenges, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, we offer:
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career within a dedicated financial due diligence practice in a Big 4 firm
- A clear unified strategic focus across the team, with emphasis on taking an entrepreneurial approach to work
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most recognized and engaging colleagues in the industry
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.