Senior Group Reporting Analyst
The Group Reporting Advisor Corporate is a member of the BAA team and together with her/his colleague in The Hague serves as the primary focal point for the Corporate Controller, Legal Entity Controllers and Finance Operations. She/he also plays a key role, providing accounting advice and support to the wider Corporate organization which includes the Holdings and Treasury activities of the Shell Group. At quarter-end, the Group Reporting Advisor Corporate is also responsible for analyzing, challenging and ensuring the financial integrity of the Corporate results submissions. Accountabilities
- The Group Controllers organization is responsible for the accounting framework of the entire RDS Group. Issues arising from accounting developments can have billions of $ impact on the Balance Sheet and hundreds of millions on the Profit and Loss Statement. Reputation issues arising from badly handled accounting issues could have a material effect on RDS share price.
- The Group Reporting Advisor Corporate is responsible for the identification and understanding of the accounting and reporting aspects of a global and diverse Corporate function and for the professional communication of related plans to senior stakeholders.
- Responsible for managing the business accounting framework, and accounting policy application by engaging and influencing a wide variety of stakeholders: Corporate Controller, Legal Entity Controllers and Finance Operations.
- Responsible for managing key relationships with the external auditors, E&Y, and resolving accounting related issues and quarterly control/closing issues in a timely manner.
- Understand the drivers of the Corporate function and use diagnostic skills, commercial acumen and relationships to identify, articulate and deliver strategic and operational solutions.
- Support Reporting & Planning teams with sector specific data required for financial statement preparation (20F), quarterly reporting (QRA) and the Group Planning process.
- Originate and Manage the Group Audit Review Papers “GARPs” in response to general Shell Group and Corporate function accounting issues related to projects and topics having significant impact on the Group financial statements.
- Accountable for reviewing the Corporate Group Investment proposals “GIPs” and ensuring that risks and accounting treatment are properly framed before the EVP Controller support is granted.
- Lastly, the role will have various SME areas assigned to it.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.