Consulting – Financial Services, Data & Analytics – Advanced Analytics Lead
2 days left
- Full time
We are the only professional services organization who has a separate service line dedicated exclusively to the financial services marketplace. Join Financial Services (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to provide a global perspective. Aligned to key industry groups including banking and capital markets, insurance, asset management and private equity, we provide highly integrated advisory, assurance, tax, and transaction services.
The EY Financial Services technology consulting team is continuing to grow and develop appropriate technology propositions aligned to market needs and demand, in particular in the space of Data and Analytics. We work collaboratively with the financial services clients and other EY teams to enhance their ability to use and interpret modern technologies and data, and develop their own enhanced capabilities to support better decision making, along with regulatory compliance, within their business.
Our consultants need the vision to articulate the big picture and the precision to see the smallest of details, all whilst focusing on the financial services domain. Technology and information are the assets which enable this, and our data and analytics practice provides innovative approaches to unlocking this value, solving many of our clients’ biggest challenges.
If you think you can meet the challenges of a focused consulting organization, understand how to grow and lead in a growing practice and work in the most complex of sectors our team is looking forward to hearing from you.
Your key responsibilities
As the Advanced Analytics Lead you will be responsible for growing advanced analytics and data science within the FS Technology Advisory team in HK. You will work with the broader DnA team to provide services utilising leading big data platforms and cloud technologies. Our current team is working on some of the latest technologies in the region using advanced analytics solutions such as AWS, Azure, Hortonworks, Cloudera etc.
Your role will find you:
- Leading advanced analytics and data science teams
- Working closely with senior stakeholders (both internal and external) to understand their business requirements and apply the latest AI, data science and advanced analytics to provide actionable insights to our clients
- Actively participating and leading sales pursuits and business development opportunities for advanced analytics work as well as supporting wider data and analytics projects and opportunities
- Leading the design and development of advanced statistical models to deliver effective predictive models and be able to clearly explain the model strengths and weaknesses to both technical and senior business stakeholders
To qualify for the role, you must have
- At least 6 years' experience in delivering advanced analytics / machine learning projects
- Experience in leading a team of data analysts / data scientists to successful project delivery
- Detailed understanding on the latest AI techniques and tools and how they can be applied to deliver quantifiable business outcomes
- Strong experience in articulating complex concepts in a clear and concise manner to a range of audiences from C-suite to specialist
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, client service and technical writing skills in English for both technical and business audiences
- Strong skills in R / Python / Java / C++
- Strong SQL skills
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Good communication and presentation skills (written and verbal) in Chinese (Cantonese or Mandarin)
- Experience of working in, or consulting into, the financial services sector, and ideally having deep knowledge in a particular FS domain for example risk, finance or commercial banking
- Strong working knowledge on the mechanics of the underlying Machine Learning algorithms
- Strong experience working with cloud platforms, e.g. Azure, AWS, Alibaba Cloud etc.
- Demonstrable experience as either the sales lead or SME for advanced analytics business pursuits
What we will provide you
- We strive to recruit the talented people. This means you will be surrounded by highly skilled and passionate individuals wherever you go at EY.
- When you join our team, you open the door to a stimulating international career. It is rewarding to be part of an organization that is at the forefront of analytics. You will get a chance to work on and support sophisticated and market-leading products. We are a global organization with a promising future and lots of opportunities for you to evolve and grow.
- A culture where respect, integrity and teaming define the way we work together. You'll also find support for your continuous growth and success
What working at EY offers
- Support, training, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- A variety of roles and client experiences, our senior leaders work with multiple client projects solving complex problems across industries
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, strategy and transactions and consulting, we’re using the finance products, experience/knowledge and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.