Audit Senior – Insurance (FSO) - Fall 2020 Opportunities: Bermuda
EY is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit (“FSO”) that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. As a market segment of the FSO, the BBC includes the Bahamas, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, and Cayman Islands. The BBC operates as one regional practice and we pride ourselves on attracting the best talent from across the globe. By joining the BBC, you will receive unmatched exposure and experience to our continuously growing portfolio of diverse financial services clients.
The FSO is a unique, industry-focused practice, and the only one of its kind within a Big 4 firm — and Insurance is a key sector within this area. With strong functional capabilities, industry-leading technology and a varied range of knowledge, our clients look to us for assurance services they can rely on every time. And as an Audit Senior, you’ll be at the heart of that goal, personally visiting high-profile clients on site to understand their unique needs and build your reputation as a trusted business advisor.
You’ll help our clients meet their reporting requirements by accurately reporting on financial statements and providing meaningful insights into accounting and reporting matters. In return, you can expect leading-class learning and development tailored to your unique interests and motivations. You’ll be given all the skills, knowledge and opportunities to progress and become ready to build a better working world for our people, our clients and the communities that support us.
Your key responsibilities
You’re likely to balance your time between managing a team of assurance professionals across a portfolio of projects, and personally engaging with our clients. It’s the perfect role if you’re looking to diversify your professional management skills and experiences, all while further developing your leadership skills.
Skills and attributes for success
- Performing complex and specific audit procedures, while developing effective, client-focused audit strategies
- Coaching and managing a team of audit professionals, facilitating them to have the information, tools and opportunities they need to grow
- Proactively building relationships that support our ability to provide tailored services that meet a wide range of assurance needs and contribute to new business development
- Identifying and reacting to potential risks and developing new ways to improve our products and processes that promote growth and increase revenue
- Continually updating your understanding of business trends and emerging technologies to maintain your reputation as a trusted business advisor
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor’s degree in an accounting, finance or a business discipline, supported by a minimum of eighteen (18) months’ work experience as an auditor in a public accounting firm
- An internationally recognized professional accounting qualification, such as a CA, CPA, ACA, ACCA, or equivalent; applicants who have written all their professional accounting exams but have yet to become fully licensed, will also be considered
- Although not required, the ideal candidate would have experience serving clients in the insurance industry, which may include property and casualty, reinsurance, life, health, or captives
- Working knowledge of US GAAP and/or IFRS
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills and a collaborative approach to management
- The flexibility to constantly learn and adapt in a fast-paced environment
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Knowledge of current market issues in the Insurance sector.
What we look for
We’re interested in leaders who are creative and agile thinkers, with a genuine interest in improving our audit capabilities. You’ll also need to be a capable communicator both in the boardroom and across your team. If you have the technical and personal skills to understand our clients and provide excellent services every time, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical, dental and vision coverage, competitive pension plan, a minimum of 20 days of vacation plus 11 observed holidays, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress in your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Make your mark. Apply now.
EY, an equal opportunity employer, values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.