Associate - Billing Specialist (Finance): The Cayman Islands
EY, a global market-leading professional services firm, with employees in more than 150 countries, is committed to operating with integrity, quality and professionalism in the provision of audit, tax, advisory and transaction advisory services.
EY is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit (“FSO”) that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. As a market segment of the FSO, the BBC includes the Bahamas, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, and Cayman Islands. The BBC operates as one regional practice and we pride ourselves on attracting the best talent from across the globe. By joining the BBC, you will receive unmatched exposure and experience to our continuously growing portfolio of diverse financial services clients.
The Billing Specialist initiates complex client billings in consultation with the Client Serving Executives (CSEs) (and client teams) ensuring invoices are produced accurately, timely, and in accordance with the client and EY’s processes and policies. This position requires solid multi-tasking skills and the ability to balance competing priorities. Workload will include supporting engagement set-up activities, billing and accounts receivables (AR) activities. Position requires a positive attitude and willingness to be flexible. The Billing Specialist will be required to effectively leverage offshore resources for transaction processing related activities (opening engagements, posting payments, processing invoices).
Your Key Responsibilities
- Proactively drives the billing process along with the Engagement Manager (or appointed engagement team member)
- Understands and complies with client billing guidelines and relevant EY guidelines
- Tracks and monitors billing agreements as outlined in statement of work (SOW), promptly highlighting approaching fee caps and inconsistencies in agreed upon billing targets
- Collaborates with Engagement Manager/Team to research and resolve any disputes or discrepancies in billed amounts
- Performs unbilled and billed reconciliations for complex accounts across multiple service lines
- Researches client-related billing issues preventing issuance of invoices and drive resolution
- Resolves any internal billing or time charging issues impacting billing processing
- Proactively escalates and communicates billing issues to the partner/engagement manager
- Monitor internal global billing and settlement activities and liaising with foreign offices and EY partners to resolve billing issues
- Provide direction to offsite resources for correct application of payments
- Acquires and maintains knowledge of client payment processes and, in conjunction with the team, agrees upon strategies to implement in order to enable prompt payment from customers
- Appropriately escalates issues to and involves the right resources so that action plans can be prepared and agreed upon for implementation
- Assists with special projects as requested
To qualify for the role, you should have
- An associate’s degree in accounting, business, finance, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a specific functional accounting/finance area or a related function
- Proficient in the use MS Excel and Word as well as the ability to learn and billing/accounting systems quickly
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Excellent organizational, delegation, time-management and verbal/written communication skills
- Prior experience in a professional services/public accounting firm
- The ability to work a flexible schedule, as overtime and travel will be required
- A dedication to teamwork and integrity within a professional environment
What we look for
We’re interested in hard working team players who are comfortable teaming with others in a virtual environment as well as working independently with the ability to thrive in a busy, time-sensitive environment.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical, dental and vision coverage, competitive pension plan, a minimum of 20 days of vacation plus 11 observed holidays, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress in your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Make your mark. Apply now.
EY, an equal opportunity employer, values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.