On behalf of a business based in Crawley I am recruiting for a temporary Insurance/Finance Officer to join on an initial 3 month basis.
My client is based in the centre of Crawley and they have plenty of parking, this role would be based at home for the foreseeable future.
It is for an initial 3 months but with the chance of it being extended.
The successful applicant for this role will be responsible for the following:
- Keep records of all correspondence with the insurers, service departments and third parties in relation to each claim
- Agree settlement of claims with the insurers where appropriate, or instruct to defend the claim if in the best interest
- When settling a claim, arrange for payment of any excess to the insurers.
- Arrange payment of any VAT only invoices for any works carried
- Maintain the motor insurance database
- Get quotations and arrange cover for any new asset or risk that we want to add/remove outside of the annual renewal process
- Acting as the principal contact point for the insurers and brokers
- Attend regular meetings with insurers and brokers
- Administer all insurance claims in a timely manner and ensuring that all risks are covered
- Administer the insurance claim forms, monitor the settlement of claims and maintain the appropriate records
- Acknowledge new claims with the claimant
- Chase insurers or service departments when responses are not timely
- Check the insurers premium accounts payable and allocate the insurance costs to services
- Also requires any excess payments to be coded to the correct service department.
- Manage the renewal process and submit to insurers
- Includes gathering together all of the information for the risks we want to insure against, and the value required.
- Complete the renewal forms accurately and in a timely manner.
To be considered for this role you must posses the following:
- Exposure to the majority of the above tasks
- Be immediately available or on a short notice period
- Intermediate excel skills
- Exposure to the public sector or council environment would be beneficial
3 month temporary role with the opportunity to be extended.