Client Serving Associate (CSA) - Fall 2020 Opportunities: The Cayman Islands
EY is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit (“FSO”) that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. As a market segment of the FSO, the BBC includes the Bahamas, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, and Cayman Islands. The BBC operates as one regional practice and we pride ourselves on attracting the best talent from across the globe. By joining the BBC, you will receive unmatched exposure and experience to our continuously growing portfolio of diverse financial services clients.
Our Assurance group is one of the most trusted, respected and influential organizations in the industry. As part of our team, you will provide peace of mind to clients by using your skills and experience to give companies, investors and regulators confidence in the validity of financial statements and business-critical information or processes. Groups (or, as we call them, sub-service lines) within Assurance include External Audit, Climate Change and Sustainability Services, Financial Accounting Advisory Services and Fraud Investigation & Dispute Services.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates to be considered for positions as client serving associate’s (CSA’s) in our Cayman Islands office. The CSA is the audit team liaison for an assigned portfolio of clients and will work with other EY offices globally to manage and coordinate audit engagements. The successful candidates will be strong team players and have excellent planning and project management skills, including using time management skills to be used in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
Your key responsibilities
- Manage a portfolio of 300+ engagements and will be responsible for the management and coordination of audit engagements, including but not limited to: engagement review coordination; portfolio planning and maintenance; gathering, inputting and checking data; adhering to all regulatory deadlines; filing returns electronically with the local regulatory authority; performing research using the internet, EY databases and other sources; and archiving and coordination of consultations with other EY offices
- Maintain and administer client set-up procedures for new clients both on island and globally with other EY offices and be the audit team liaison for the assigned portfolio of clients
- Coordinate with other EY offices on a daily basis and help to maintain and build effective working relationships with the client serving teams, including senior-level executives
- Assist with administrative duties associated with an audit engagement including, but not limited to billing, cash collections and maintenance of work logs for a portfolio of engagements
- Manage and coordinate audit reviews within the office and to clients outside the office
Skills and attributes for success
- Applying knowledge of the Firm’s values, clients and services to execute on project assignments
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in order to communicate across all business levels
To qualify for the role you must have
- An associate’s or bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of two (2) years of relevant administrative experience in a financial services organization; prior experience working in public accounting and/or fund administration would be an asset
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Excellent writing, conceptual, and analytical skills
- Proficiency in the use of standardized software applications
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, as overtime will be required during peak busy season periods
- Integrity within a professional environment
What we look for
We’re most interested in well-rounded people who are naturally curious and ready to work on engagements from a wide range of backgrounds. In return, you can expect the support of great colleagues, as well the industry-recognized training you’ll need to grow in your career. If you’re a fast learner with great organizational skills, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical, dental and vision coverage, competitive pension plan, a minimum of 20 days of vacation plus 11 observed holidays, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress in your career
- Gained flexibility through two-way communication and commitment with your engagement teams
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Make your mark. Apply now.
EY, an equal opportunity employer, values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.