Management Accountant x 2
The Management Accountant is key in the success of the organisation by assisting budget holders and decision makers.
My client is a very High Profile UK wide Public Sector organisation with their Finance Function based in Cardiff
These 2 exciting roles are key within the finance function of this HIGH PROFILE Public Sector organisation based in Cardiff.
Initially until March 2022, the Management Accountants will be responsible for;
· Business decision support to ensure that decision-takers understand and manage the financial implications of their decisions.
· Financial reporting and control to ensure that budgets and forecasts are insightful and inform active budget management.
A key part of the role will be to work as a performance advisor to budget holders providing a balanced historical and forward looking view.
The nature of the organisation is very Project based, so you will be working with multiple budget holders with varying levels of budgets.
· Qualified accountant with current membership to CCAB (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA)
· Demonstrable experience of business decision support
· Understanding of an effective financial control environment
· High level of IT literacy, particularly Excel.
· Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
· Able to produce and present reports to non-financial managers
· Demonstrable experience of management and financial accounting including budgeting and forecasting
· An understanding of IT systems administration
· Experience of working with finance systems, ideally Unit 4 Business World.
A basic salary of £36,393
role until March 2022 with potential for turning permanent or extension
* 27.5 days paid annual leave (increasing with service to 32.5 days)
* options to carry over, buy or sell annual leave
* Civil Service pension
* PAM employee assistance programme
* Civil Service Sports Council (CSSC) membership
* staff networks focused on each of the protected characteristics - run for staff, by staff
* flexible working options