Fund Accounting & Administration, Off
3 days left
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Who we are looking for
We are looking for an Officer for our Atlanta location to service clients for our Real Assets division of our Alterative Investment Solutions Group. They will partner with both clients and colleagues to establish the workflow and client deadlines while supervising staff members. They will be responsible for delivering reporting and day-to-day accounting and support for our clients.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of International Fund Services (IFS), acquired by State Street in July 2002. IFS, also known as Alternative Investment Solutions is a recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting, fund administration and risk services to hedge funds and private equity funds. These services are fully integrated to provide complete end-to-end solutions that span the front-, middle- and back-office requirements of institutional investors.
Join us if making your mark in the alternative investment industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Fund Accounting & Administration, Officer you will be responsible for
- Supervising all lower level staff (including Associate 1, Associate 2 and Senior Staff).
- Managing client relationships with both client personnel and fund investors.
- Reviewing quarterly and annual financial work paper packages including portfolio schedules, accruals and PCAP allocations.
- Reviewing quarterly and annual financial statements and footnotes.
- Review and/or preparation of annual tax work paper packages.
- Review and/or preparation of capital calls and distributions, including notices and release merged documents.
- Reviewing monthly bank reconciliations and post journal entries.
- Reviewing quarterly management fee calculations.
- Review and/or preparation of various client related correspondence.
- Work with database team regarding client deliverables such as financial statements, capital calls and distribution notices.
- Heavy client interaction on a daily basis.
- Coordination of annual audit and tax return preparation with Big 4 accounting firms.
- Review and/or preparation of waterfall and capital account allocations.
- Understand how to navigate through limited partnership agreement.
- Review and/or preparation of estimated tax workpapers.
- Maintain working relationship with all client contacts, including investment professionals, investors, auditors, lawyers and banking personnel.
- Ensure compliance with investment fund legal documents, i.e. partnership agreement.
- Assist accounting managers to ensure compliance with investment fund agreements and other legal documents.
- Special client projects.
- Manage internal workflow and client deadlines.
During the course of normal day to day operation, be responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures.
What we value
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills
- Ability to multi task and work efficiently to meet client deliverables.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4+ years of general ledger accounting or audit experience
- 1 year of leadership experience
- Previous Financial reporting experience
- Advanced Excel skills (advanced formulas, pivot tables, VLOOKUP)
- Accounting degree
- Real Estate, Fund, or Private Equity accounting experience
- CPA or CPA Candidate
- Exceptional interpersonal & communication skills
- Experience with Investran, Oracle Financials preferred
The ideal candidate will be a well-organized, detailed oriented, analytical individual with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Candidates must demonstrate the ability to simultaneously handle multiple assignments while working efficiently to meet client deliverables.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.