Accounts Payable Manager - Special Projects
Manages staff and workflow of Merchandise Accounts Payable Specialists in a high–volume Accounts Payable function, ensuring that vendors are paid accurately, timely, efficiently, and cost–effectively, while complying with all Company policies, and internal controls. Provides direction and guidance on the daily activities of the Accounts Payable function.
- Manages assigned personnel on the Merchandise Accounts Payable team, to include interviewing, hiring, and scheduling.
- Coordinates with other teams as needed and takes direction from the Director, Shared Services and/or the Associate AP Manager
- Monitors that the workload is appropriately assigned, delegated, monitored and completed so that invoices are accurately paid in a timely manner.
- Monitors work results, prepares annual performance reviews and provides ongoing direction and feedback to direct reports. Creates and implements professional development plans, and takes disciplinary action, if necessary.
- Oversees three–way match process to ensure timely payment following receipt of goods.
- Develops, implements, and tracks metrics to measure productivity, accuracy, and achievement of objectives.
- Develops and improves business processes to promote efficiency, accuracy, and resource effectiveness.
- Effectively builds team to support company direction while cross training staff to ensure proper coverage as well as professional development.
- Administers and enforces internal control policies, procedures and processes for the accounts payable team to ensure SOX compliance.
- Ensures compliance with corporate policies and other governance.
- Interacts professionally and effectively, through verbal and written communication
- Maintains the highest level of ethical standards
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires a hands–on, working knowledge of:
- Merchandise Payables
- Vendor Maintenance and Vendor Relations
- Payables Disbursements – Check, ACH, Wire, Card
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in business or accounting
- 5 to 7 years of relevant Accounts Payable experience, managing a high–volume A/P group, preferably in the retail or multi–unit industry
- At least 3 years supervisory experience required
- Large accounting software package experience required
- Working knowledge of merchandise payables and 3–way matching procedures
- 2 direct reports with additional support as needed
PROFESSIONAL LICENSE, CERTIFICATION and/or SPECIALIZED TRAINING
- CAPP certification, a plus
We offer competitive compensation, excellent benefits to include 401(k), best–in–class products, and more! Both innovative and high–performing, our stores provide you with unlimited possibilities to start your career. Be a part of the Tuesday Morning growth!