Tax - Tax Technology & Transformation - Senior Accountant
3 days left
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Tax Technology and Transformation offers services to companies in response to the impact of existing and emerging technology, including the growing data burden that many businesses face, driving efficiencies to create a cost-effective tax function and the need to understand how to make data an asset. The underlying objective of the combined offerings is to help businesses navigate the digital age of tax transparency alongside new trends in tax compliance and tax audit methods, as well as helping to solve the most pressing challenges that businesses face. Tax Technology and Transformation is composed of the following services.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Your key responsibilities
Depending on your unique skills and ambitions, you could be supporting various client projects, from assisting in the production of leading practice MS SQL Server, SharePoint and MS Power BI solutions, to implementing third-party tax applications, to supporting and automating internal and external operations of multinational tax departments. Whatever you find yourself doing, you will contribute and help toward developing a highly trained team, all the while handling activities with a focus on quality and commercial value. This is a highly regulated industry, so it is all about maintaining our reputation as trusted advisors by taking on bold initiatives and owning new challenges.
Skills and attributes for success
- Taking ownership of assigned tasks and monitoring them until completion, including documenting requirements, configuration, testing, debugging, project profitability, and tax systems and process configuration
- Identifying ways to automate manual tasks using existing financial or tax systems and emerging technologies
- Consolidating tax data to make analysis and planning more efficient
- Improving reporting capabilities to enhance our clients’ ability to evaluate risk and capitalize on opportunities
- Supporting project team members in any way needed to help ensure timely completion of deliverables
To qualify for the role you must have
- A Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems and/or a master’s degree in Accounting, Tax Technology, Management Information Systems, or Computer Science or related field and a minimum of three years of related work experience
- CPA license or membership to a state Bar or approved technical certification or progress to attaining those mentioned
- A strong interest in technology and its use in business processes
- Excellent communication and business writing skills
- A natural flair for problem solving and an entrepreneurial approach to work
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with exceptional client-serving consulting skills
- Demonstrated ability to capture and synthesize business requirements
- Desire and demonstrated ability to provide leadership within a team
Ideally, you'll also have
- Experience implementing third-party direct or indirect tax systems (such as ONESOURCE, CorpTax, Vertex, Avalara, Longview, etc.)
- Microsoft Office VBA development
- Microsoft Power BI suite, including Power Pivot, Power Query, Power View and Power Map
- Knowledge and experience in the design and development of databases (specifically SQL Server)
- Experience with developing ETL solutions using SSIS or other tools
- ERP experience, including SAP and/or Oracle
- SharePoint development
- Experience managing large, multidisciplinary projects that impact tax (e.g., ERP implementations, tax co-sourcing engagements, finance transformations)
We are looking for knowledgeable technical professionals with an excellent general knowledge of both international and domestic tax. You will need excellent business acumen and a firm strategic vision, so if you are ready to use those skills to develop your team, this role is for you.
What we look for
We’re interested in professionals who enjoy promoting the people agenda in organizations and change initiatives, bringing people issues and challenges to the forefront. You’ll need the confidence to keep the people agenda front and center, and the interpersonal skills and communications savvy to do this in a way that integrates well with executive priorities and objectives.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our services. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and hospitalization benefits, group life and personal accident insurance, annual leave and Mandatory Provident Fund and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
- If you’re looking for a role that’ll challenge you, give you opportunities to grow and encourage you to own your career, this role is for you.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.