Senior Fund Accountant (m/f/d), Associate 2
Who we are looking for
With immediate effect we are looking for an experienced Senior Fund Accountant for our Fund Accounting Oversight team in Zurich.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Senior Fund Accountant you will be
- Managing day to day delivery of accounting oversight and administrative services for a number of client relationships including dissemination of prices and reports to the market
- Supervising, escalating and reviewing the portfolio and fund level accounting for numerous funds to ensure correct accounting has taken place; asset classes include equities, fixed income, private equity, real estate components, derivatives, etc.
- Demonstrating an unrelenting commitment to client satisfaction
- Ensuring adherence with internal policies and procedures and compliance with external governing regulations
- Managing planning, preparation and execution of all monthly audit and ad hoc deliveries
- Contributing to working groups within the organization to improve our process
- Supporting the onboarding of existing clients’ new products and the launch of new funds and clients
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize, keep attention to detail, and understand client requirements as well as the legal environment
- Strong organizational, communication and analytical skills
- Team player with a precise and autonomous working style combined with high motivation
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Completed banking apprenticeship or equivalent education within financial industry supplemented with higher business education (i.e. university/AZEK degree)
- Several years of experience in fund accounting and reporting is a requirement
- Comprehensive knowledge of accounting conventions and regulatory requirements (SFAMA, FINMA, KAG)
- Proficient use of MS Office applications
- Fluency in English, German skills beneficial
What we offer
- Flexible working time
- Depending on the role work from home days might be possible
- Attractive pension plan offering
- Wellbeing and health programs
- Group accident insurance
- Diverse Lifestyle benefits
- Personal development possibilities and extensive web based training catalogue
- Global Inclusion, Global Outreach and Corporate Citizenship programs incl. volunteer work
- Dynamic, diverse, international, and multicultural working environment with English company language
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.