Financial Controller (Frankfurt) - VP
- Work in the Finance department of one of the world’s top tier Financial Institutions and gain first-hand insight into the business.
- A competitive salary.
- Open minded and welcoming environment, where your ideas are taken seriously.
- Continued professional development based on your career interests.
- The ability to grow and shape your own career.
- Support the team head of the German GAAP team in leading the team.
- Coordinate, prepare and analyse annual financial statements under German GAAP and US GAAP, including resolving accounting issues and disclosure requirements as well as liaising with external auditors. This includes as well the review of the financials statements of the branches
- Coordinate and control the outsourcing activities of the Legal Entity Controlling group.
- Take full ownership for entire legal entities including several reconciliations.
- Coordinate, control or prepare quarterly reporting for submissions to Regulators including the regular interaction with the Central Financial Reporting Group London, Glasgow and New York, Budapest.
- Response to ad hoc queries from senior management.
- Update Accounting policies under German GAAP, implementation of new accounting policies for new business.
- Qualified Accountant (i.e. Bilanzbuchhalter) or academic degree in business administration or finance.
- A minimum of 7 years of professional experience in an accounting environment, preferably in the financial industry in Germany.
- Business fluency in German and English.
- Good knowledge of accounting of financial instruments (German GAAP, IFRS and US GAAP) rules.
- Attention to detail, time management and flexibility to work in a dynamic environment under tight deadlines.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Strong computing skills, especially Microsoft Office.
The specific role is in the Legal Entity Controlling (LEC) group. Within the Global function, this role will be in the Frankfurt Office of Morgan Stanley. The Frankfurt LEC team consists of 10 people, working on a range of projects, regulatory and statutory reporting and control functions.
The Finance Department reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 3,000 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm’s books and records and by contributing to Firm wide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley’s various industry and government regulators and also serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley’s various businesses and its senior management team.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. Morgan Stanley provides a superior foundation for building a professional career a place for people to learn, achieve and grow.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.