This is a progressive Assistant Accountant Role working for an international Retail company, in a friendly team of 6 others. The Assistant Accountant will be supporting the finance manager on the day to day accounting function, including the preparation of month end management accounts.
The client is a specialist retail company in Cheshunt who operate over 10 countries worldwide and have a huge market in what they do. The finance team have been growing and are now at 6, looking to expand and grow which will consequently provide opportunity for the right individual to grow within the role and company.
The Assistant Accountant will have responsibility for:
- Ownership of the sales ledger function including raising all sales invoices and credit control. This includes subsidiary accounts based in the US and Europe
- Processing transactions onto the Sage
- Maintain fixed asset register
- Cash flow management and chase outstanding debt
- Assisting the Finance Manager with the monthly Management Accounts for all subsidiaries
- Lead the payment run process
- Support buying decisions, inventory management, stock planning
- Analysis and reporting
- Multi-currency Bank Reconciliations
- Accruals and Prepayments
- Prepare monthly management accounts, balance sheet and profit & loss
The successful candidate will be astute and hardworking and be studying their ACCA/CIMA or be looking to do so. They will have had experience preparing full sets of management accounts in a previous role and be switched on and willing to learn, ideally with experience of Sage.
The assistant accountant will get a competitive salary alongside a study support package and extremely good benefits. The supportive environment will provide the candidate with a great platform to learn and grow, as well as working in a family feel environment.