Assistant Management Accountant with Legal Industry Experience
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a leading renowned legal firm based in Central London.You will be responsible for the development and overall control of all matters relating to the firm's financial policies and financial affairs.
My client are a renowned legal firm based in Central London advising individuals, families and businesses. Their offices based in Central London offer an inclusive and diverse workplace only hiring the best talent.
The Assistant Management Accountant will be responsible for:
- Assisting in the production of management accounts, variance analysis, balance sheet reconciliations, intercompany recharging, preparation of VAT returns and budgeting/forecasting.
- Responsible for preparing monthly reports and holding regular meetings with Head Office departmental heads to provide up to date information on actual spend, and to refresh the overheads forecast/budget to feed into the consolidated forecast
- Assist Management Accountant with month end close
- Assist Management Accountant in conducting internal audits
- Preparation of VAT returns
- Preparation of monthly finance reports
- Additional tasks and responsibilities to be covered as required by other Group Finance functions (Tax, Treasury, FP&A).
The successful Assistant Management Accountant:
- Must have minimum of 2 years prior experience working within a Legal Firm
- Must have degree level education (Accounting & Finance or related)
- Currently studying Accounting Qualification e.g ACCA/CIMA
- Exposure to assisting on the preparation of the management accounts from start to finish
- Strong understanding of month-end processes
- Excellent communication skills
The successful Assistant Management Accountant will receive:
- Competitive salary
- Long term development and progression with a leading firm
- Full study support package
- Competitive annual leave allowance
- Personal development and learning courses
- Annual salary review