Head of Internal Audit (Public Sector)
- Job Purpose:
- Responsible for leading and mentoring a team of auditors to assist the organisation and its subsidiaries in accomplishing its business objectives by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate and monitor the effectiveness of risk management, internal control systems and governance process.
- Ensure all audit works listed below are conducted in an effective and efficient manner.
- Develop and submit annual audit plan and budget to ensure that IAD is focused on auditing the right areas, audit resources are spent on auditing the key risk and business areas and assist the AC in effectively discharging their duties.
- Develop and establish policies and procedures to guide the internal audit activities.
- Perform risk‐based audits of business processes in the area of financial, operations and compliance, and to evaluate the adequacy of internal control systems.
- Recommend corrective actions based on best practices to improve the internal control and operating environment.
- Coordinate with external auditors, if required, to ensure better overall audit coverage and to avoid duplication of audit work required.
- Assist the organisation by establishing a risk management strategy to identify, assess and monitor current and emerging risks in a structured manner.
- Educate staff on understanding and managing risks.
- Provide audit advisory to line departments on governance, risk management and internal control matters.
- Assist in special projects, ad‐hoc assignments and investigations as directed by management and Audit Committee.
- At least 15 years of relevant audit experiences with at least 3 years of leadership experience; preferably CA or professional certifications such as certified internal auditor (CIA).
- Possess business acumen.
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to help an organisation balance risk and opportunities while supporting the organisation's innovative pursuits.
- Passion to improve an organisation's operations and instils confidence in the organization from various stakeholders.
[EA License Number] 18C9289 | [Registration Number] R155129