Consulting, Finance Function SAP ERP - Director (Dubai)
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Job Description & Summary
Within Consulting, you will be working with Finance Function Effectiveness competency, which provides advisory services focused on CFO agenda like:
- Finance operating model and finance transformation
- Strategic planning, financial planning, budgeting and reporting
- Corporate treasury and cash management
- Public Financial Management, including Treasury Single Account, GFMIS and Cash to Accrual
- Effective financial control, reporting and consolidation
- Shared services finance and transactional efficiencies
- Robotic Process Automation
- Costing and Cost Optimization Opportunities
- Leveraging Cloud / On Premise ERP, Treasury, EPM and Digital technologies
- Supporting adoption of new accounting standards (eg. IFRS)
As a competency, you will support multiple Industry Verticals. However, we expect you to bring experience in Energy & Utilities, Industrial Products, Transportation & Logistics or Telecom.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Director, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Proactively lead the Oracle Fusion practice by setting strategy, drive the development of new business in the market, and provide technical advice across disciplines
- Providing finance and treasury transformation expertise especially in the context of Oracle FERP systems, and responsible for hands-on delivery of Oracle Financial system solutions
- Build and develop relationships with the Oracle Middle East Management and Sales Teams to ensure a close working relationship between the two firms
- Building strong networks within the firm to spot and capitalize on opportunities to get involved in projects that others are leading across a number of different business units and sectors
- Identifying and discussing key issues with our clients to identify potential opportunities
- Responsibility for a majority of day to day client communications
- Responsibility to shape and deliver various projects that exceed the expectations of our clients and our own assignment quality criteria
- Manage and deliver large projects by developing the project team, assessing engagement risks throughout, driving conclusions, and reviewing / challenging the output produced by the team
- Responsibility for management of engagement financials
- Helping to grow and develop our team through hands on training and coaching
- Experience in leading Oracle relationships, building client offerings and leading teams and business developments in the Oracle Fusion space
- Expertise in and experience of implementing Oracle Financial ERP systems as a functional consultant for external stakeholders
- Experience in conducting Finance Function assessments and opportunity funneling for pilots
- Knowledge and experience of at least 2 sectors among Public Sector, Telecoms, Industrial Products, Financial Services Oil-Gas and Utilities sector is required.
- Interest and passion for developing, growing and leading a team through coaching and mentoring, as well as proactive knowledge sharing.
- Experience in providing process expertise for implementation in end-to-end processes (Order to Cash, Record to Report, Procure to Pay) covering design and implementation
- Experience in designing operating models, governance and communication frameworks within Finance Function
- Experience of driving and reporting on progress of large transformation projects.
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritize workload whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- Proven IT skills in the following programs Microsoft Project, Excel and PowerPoint.
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East and worldwide where the project requirement dictate.
- Proven Track Record in Sales of Professional Services of US$ 1.5 million – 2.5 million annually
- Proven track record in Revenue Under Management (implementation oversight and control) of US$ 1.5 million
Minimum years experience required
12-15 years of relevant experience in a similar role, out of which a minimum of 8 years must be within consulting focus on finance transformation and broader finance consulting.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant subject such as Finance, Accounting and a professional certification like ACCA, CA, CPA, CIMA or CMA; OR
- MBA or Masters in Finance, with or without professional certification
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.