Assurance, Assistant – General Audit, Singapore (2021 Graduates)
Our Assurance group is one of the most trusted, respected and influential organisations in the industry. As part of our team, you will provide peace of mind to clients by using your skills and experience to give companies, investors and regulators confidence in the validity of financial statements and business-critical information or processes. Groups (or, as we call them, sub-service lines) within Assurance include External Audit, Climate Change and Sustainability Services, Financial Accounting Advisory Services and Fraud Investigation & Dispute Services.
About the opportunity
As part of our External Audit team, you’ll experience ongoing professional development through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored coaching. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Your key responsibilities
You’ll help our clients meet their reporting requirements by providing an objective and independent examination of their financial statements. In addition, you will conduct timely and constructive discussions with the management on accounting and reporting matters, and provide a robust and clear perspective to audit committees. In doing so, you play an important role in providing services to clients such as responding to regulatory reforms, managing capital life cycle and improving business operations.
As part of the application process, you will be asked to indicate your preferred industry sectors. Please state your preference clearly.
- Consumer Products & Retail
- Technology, Media and Telecommunications
- Resources & Transportation
- Real Estate Hospitality & Construction
- Healthcare, Public Sector & Manufacturing
Skills and attributes for success
- Work effectively as a team member, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating team members on progress
- Contribute ideas/opinions to the assurance teams and listen/respond to other assurance team members' views
- Demonstrate professionalism and competence in the audit client's environment.
- Integrity within a professional environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
To qualify for the role you must have the following
- Final year students pursuing a degree in Accountancy
- Possess strong analytical skills
- Prior work experience is not required
Ideally, you’ll also have
- An inquisitive mind
- Experience with programming language/ automation tools (E.g. Python, R, SQL, Alteryx, UiPath, VBA etc)
- Good project management skills
- Knowledge in Data Analytics and Visualisation
Please note that for your application to be considered, you are required to upload the following documents together with your online application:
- Full detailed resume
- Latest university transcript
Only applications with complete set of data and documents will be considered.
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. In Singapore, we have a history of 129 years, with over 150 partners and close to 3,100 people offering services to a wide-ranging clientele consisting of multinational companies, private companies and public sector organizations. The Singapore firm is part of an integrated Asia-Pacific area, which comprises more than 40,000 people in 22 countries, contributing to our total global headcount of nearly 250,000 people working across 152 countries.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.