Client Service Manager
Client Service Manager
As a Client Service Manager (CSM) you will provide client service relationship management to ensure client satisfaction, engagement, retention and profitability for assigned relationships. You will be the head of a dedicated team of subject matter experts who are responsible for overseeing day to day client needs and providing exceptional client service to their respective clients. Your focus will be on the Custody disciplines and the applicable product offering for assigned client relationships. You will also be responsible for developing an understanding of their clients’ goals & objectives, collaborating with internal departments to identify insights and opportunities to add value, and partnering with CSMs in Zurich to achieve objectives for their client relationships..
You'll be responsible for managing a team, along with Head of Client Service Krakow and may deputise for them, in their absence.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Establish appropriate contacts and regular interaction/meetings to maintain collaborative and trusting relationships within client organizations.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with key contacts across internal departments (i.e. Product Delivery, Systems, Relationship Management, Risk, etc)
- Oversee team performance ensuring a high level of client service, overall credibility, and trust with clients
- Stay abreast of client goals and strategies, and identify trends and opportunities to expand client relationship and fuel growth.
- Develop understanding of clients’ needs , challenges, and operating model to proactively anticipate & match BBH products or services to solution those needs
- Provide filtering and escalation for client requests; serve as an escalation point for client service issues and deliverables
- Institute and monitor measures to report on BBH’s performance levels toward meeting client service standards
- Ensure own and team understanding of all services client receives from BBH
- Ensure that your team is trained on product enhancements and equipped to communicate and train clients
- Employ a consistent approach to capture and support change management based upon client requests, objective screening of new client requests for completeness and reasonability
- Own the controls within the team ensuring they are fit for their intended purpose.
- Act as the primary point of escalation for Systems, Operations, and Risk/Control for any client related issues and proactively manage the resolution process with frequent updates and satisfaction measures
- Provide oversight of core Fund Services and Custody service delivery provided by internal departments and third party providers impacting assigned client relationships
- Manage oversight of outsourced functions in line with Regulatory approval.
- Foster an environment of continuous process improvement, challenging the status quo with an eye on identifying opportunities to increase automation, streamline of workflows, and mitigate risk.
- Working with Head of Client Service Krakow, develop and maintain a plan to ensure team has appropriate resources to meet business objectives
- Foster a positive and inclusive work environment, and a culture of transformative ideas and insight generation.
- Oversee and ensure talent and hiring decisions are in line with business goals and objectives
- Manage team expenses & budgets
- Provide ongoing feedback and coaching to staff to improve performance through regular check ins, 1:1, mid year and annual review process.
- Pro-actively provide feedback and guidance on performance issues and the disciplinary process, when needed with employees
- Promote a cohesive and collaborative team atmosphere, exhibiting strong leadership, effective communication, professionalism, diversity and development of individual career paths
- Partner with team leader(s) to understand training and cross training needs on relevant job functions and required knowledge, identify solutions, and raise recommendations to management.; Ensure team attends required training
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- Prior experience developing and managing a high performing client facing team
- Strong organizational, project planning, and execution skills
- Experience owning and managing the client experience and a track record for exceptional service, retention, and growth
- High level of learning agility and ability to navigate through new and complex information
- Strong aptitude for numbers, accuracy and organization
- Demonstrated ability to foster collaborative relationships and networks with internal and external parties
- Strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Creative problem solving skills including the ability to identify, recommend and implement solutions
- Language skills commensurate with office location and client relationships supported
- Relevant Accountancy qualification desirable
- Ability to work in a highly regulated environment requiring compliance and oversight of policies and procedures
- Industry knowledge and experience in one or more of the following: Custody, Middle Office, ETF, Transfer Agency, Fund accounting, Financial Reporting
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective
- Employment stability with indefinite contract from day one
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.