General Ledger Accountant
Roles and Responsibilities
- Under direct supervision, assists in the day-to-day accounting activities which may include maintenance of a complete and accurate general ledger and/or in the preparation of basic financial reports.
- Conducts related General Ledger (GL) closing activities ensuring that they are completed in time and accordance to the set guidelines -which is specific to the GL Activity only (GRIR, AP Cost accrual , Prepayment process)
- Prepares, document and keep up to date processes for accounting role.
- Prepares and Review the monthly balance sheet reconciliations prepared by the BHI team and Accenture.
- Provide advice and support to the team with regards to correcting entries required.
- SAP analysis of various company codes which involves analysis of other general accounts as well on a regular basis and advising improvements and corrective actions
- Implements best practices in Regional Accounting Centre (RAC) and standard processes which benchmark global best practices.
- Works closely with External and Internal Auditors to assist in completion of all audits
- Any other duties as required
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting / Finance or equivalent.
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in General Accounting / Ledger
- Experience in Shared Service will be added advantage
- Experience in SAP will be added advantage
- Knowledge of accounting principles, practices, and procedures.
- Good attention to detail with good analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good PC skills.
- Ability to handle multiple activities successfully.
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we’re committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we’re always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let’s come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.