Business Support Team, AVP
Who we are looking for
The Global Credit Finance team oversees a portfolio of 5 different credit products with an $85BN credit capacity. Its 110+ member team operates in the US and EMEA with offices in Boston, London, and Irvine, California.
Global Credit Finance’s aim is twofold: to attract and retain clients of State Street through the use of the firm’s balance sheet; and to add income and diversification to the company’s portfolio of on and off-balance sheet investments. Our products include Fund Finance, Municipal Finance, Commercial Real Estate, Leveraged Loans, and Stable Value Wrap. The Global Credit Finance (GCF) Group is seeking a candidate for an Assistant Vice President position in its Business Support Team. This position will focus on supporting our new loan accounting platform, compliance, regulatory and reporting functions. In addition to the core responsibilities, the position provides the candidate with a great opportunity to expand their knowledge of credit and fixed income markets.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Business Support Team, AVP you will
- Participate and support in the integration of our new loan platform and Business Lifecycle Account Management on-boarding tool
- Provide regulatory and compliance functional support for GCF products, including AML support
- Internal and external reporting
- Communication with GCF support functions partners
- Ensure proper data governance, controls, procedures and documentation, including support of Audit, FRA, CRMT, Basel and Sox reviews
- Support Regulatory Reporting attestation process for GCF
- Collaborate with business colleagues in Finance, Compliance, Enterprise Risk Management and other Business Units to ensure consistency and accuracy of business support infrastructure
- Provide strong ongoing control monitoring and testing activities
- Perform additional responsibilities as required
- Ad-hoc requests and special projects as needed
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4-5 years financial services experience
- Ability to think critically to understand existing processes and identify opportunities for improvement
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas to internal and external audiences
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Internally motivated to seek out answers, generate ideas, and develop new skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.