Manager Forensic Accounting
“At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let’s discuss what this means for you”
Colonial First State (CFS) has been helping Australians with their investment, superannuation and retirement needs since 1988, and is a leader in the field across an award-winning range of wealth management solutions. Expertise spans a range of investment, superannuation and retirement products. We’re committed to providing the best possible outcomes over the long term for our investors. We achieve this by aligning our values to our customers’.
Key focus areas for CFS include delivering on the commitments made in response to the Royal Commission and developing the future business model and strategy to reflect expectations set by the Royal Commission.
See yourself in our team
Your team works closely with the CFS business units (Operations, Product, Fund Services and Marketing) with responsibility for the execution of all customer remediation activities.
The team adds value to the Group by:
- being accountable for providing guidance and support to help the CFS Remediation Analysis and Development team to execute the CFS Customer Remediation projects, in particular with compensation methodology and strategy
- playing a critical role in ensuring that best customer outcomes are delivered through each remediation project in a fair, consistent and timely manner
- focusing on areas important to CBA’s intent to put things right for customers by remediating past issues and its strategy of becoming a better and simpler bank
Do work that matters
- Ensure quality customer experiences and fair outcomes for customers participating in remediation programs whilst advocate for CFS in relation to RG256 and any future changes to the requirements for remediation programs
- Demonstrably reduce the use or cost to use of using professional service firms in remediation projects as well as provide assurance support to the run and close down phases of remediation projects and promote remediation excellence with SME insights and related queries
- Provide direction and support during the planning and start-up phases of remediation projects to address critical issues (if required) and provide ongoing support throughout the project lifecycle
- Promote standardised remediation compensation strategies and approaches across CFS, as well as leverage existing calculation tools and methods and liaise with external parties (Independent Experts/ Regulators) regarding compensation methods
- Review remediation calculation approaches and provide ‘challenge support’ prior to engagement with regulators/external assurance
- Support the build of models and tools to be used in CFS Remediation projects including leverage existing calculation tools and methods and liaise with external parties (Independent Experts/ Regulators) regarding compensation methods
We’re interested in hearing from people who possess
- Extensive experience in a similar function within a Financial Services environment
- Experience in developing and identifying strengths and weakness of a calculation methodology backed up with research and rationale
- Commercially focused and pragmatic problem solving skills and ability to influence and drive clarity in a complex environment especially to audiences without a financial background
- Strong stakeholder management, leadership, written and verbal communication and presentation skills with the Chartered Accountant or member of FINSIA
- Experience in a litigation support environment desirable
- Significant experience in creating, reviewing or validating financial models is desirable
If this sounds interesting, APPLY NOW!
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 25/10/2020
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.